Backout strategy for OCC Firmware and software backups

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-31 20:21:01
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20181016 Rel.33052

Hi,

I am about to upgrade the firmware on my OCC200, but I wanted to know if I do that, and something goes wrong, how can I get back to the one I had?  The current firmware version is1.0.3 Build 20181016 Rel.33052, and 1.1.1 Build 20190419 Rel.43063 is available for download and installation.  I think the s/w is at v 3.0.4 and v 3.1.x is available too (not sure if the firmware install also updates the controller s/w).

So let's say something goes wrong, how do I restore? There is a back-up option. Can I assume that doing some sort of backup will preserve my settings, my s/w version, and my firmware or are there other steps I can take? Given that this WiFi network needs to be up 7 days a week and 14 hours per day, I'm a bit nervous about this.

Thanks in advance

-Hugh Ferguson

Options
1 Reply
Re:Backout strategy for OCC Firmware and software backups
2019-09-02 01:21:48

hughLink wrote

Hi,

I am about to upgrade the firmware on my OCC200, but I wanted to know if I do that, and something goes wrong, how can I get back to the one I had?  The current firmware version is1.0.3 Build 20181016 Rel.33052, and 1.1.1 Build 20190419 Rel.43063 is available for download and installation.  I think the s/w is at v 3.0.4 and v 3.1.x is available too (not sure if the firmware install also updates the controller s/w).

So let's say something goes wrong, how do I restore? There is a back-up option. Can I assume that doing some sort of backup will preserve my settings, my s/w version, and my firmware or are there other steps I can take? Given that this WiFi network needs to be up 7 days a week and 14 hours per day, I'm a bit nervous about this.

Thanks in advance

-Hugh Ferguson

Hello,

Here are some replies about your questions.

1. Now your firmware is 1.0.3 Build 20181016 Rel.33052, we recommend you to upgrade to the latest version. We have fixed some bugs and added some new features in the latest firmware. You can upgrade the firmware in Controller Settings ----> Maintenance. And please don't worry that when you upgrade the firmware, the configuration will be not lost.

2. Of course, we also recommend you to backup the configuration first before you upgrade the firmware. If there is something wrong when you upgrade the firmware, you can restore the configuration you backup and all configuration will be back. You can backup and restore the configuration in Controller Settings ----> Backup & Restore.

Hope this is useful for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 478

Replies: 1