Deco M5 in router mode - will DHCP server allocate IP addresses to wired devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 in router mode - will DHCP server allocate IP addresses to wired devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-05 10:59:08 - last edited 2019-09-06 01:29:45
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I have 6 Deco M5 which I've used in Access Point mode to date - theyy work well.

I've decided to change to Router mode and use the Deco as my firewall. All works well for wireless devices (phones, laptops) but I have an automation server on the network too. I cant access it by name from my wireless devices.

Will the master deco M5 allocate addresses and DNS information to wired devices on the network? Or just to wireless clients?

Thank you. 

Philip.
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Deco M5 in router mode - will DHCP server allocate IP addresses to wired devices?-Solution
2019-09-05 11:34:58 - last edited 2019-09-06 01:29:45
Thank you! Indeed they do. Problem resolved - I was looking for just and the deco identifies the server as . Thanks for the quick reply. Regards, Philip.
Philip.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 in router mode - will DHCP server allocate IP addresses to wired devices?
2019-09-05 11:07:37

Hello,

all clients (wired and wireless) will get an ip address and dns server from the main deco.

greets

Holger

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 in router mode - will DHCP server allocate IP addresses to wired devices?-Solution
2019-09-05 11:34:58 - last edited 2019-09-06 01:29:45
Thank you! Indeed they do. Problem resolved - I was looking for just and the deco identifies the server as . Thanks for the quick reply. Regards, Philip.
Philip.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 in router mode - will DHCP server allocate IP addresses to wired devices?
2019-09-06 01:28:32

@PhilipT 

The Deco will assign IP address to wired and wireless devices both as long as they enable dynamic IP.

It is glad to know that it works now. 

Hope you enjoy the internet with the Deco mesh wifi system.

Any further problem, please let us know.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 in router mode - will DHCP server allocate IP addresses to wired devices?
2021-04-15 19:37:00

@Kevin_Z is this the same when the deco is in AP mode and the 'smart' dhcp kicks in? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4372

Replies: 4