Archer C7 and Onemesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 and Onemesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C7 and Onemesh
Archer C7 and Onemesh
2019-09-26 15:03:55 - last edited 2019-09-30 08:01:20
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20190814 rel.62701(4341)

Successfully updated to latest firmware that claims to have Onemesh support (1.0.12 Build 20190814 rel.62701(4341)) and my RE300 sees the router but does not see it as a Onemesh compatible device, neither in the list of visible wireless signals nor on the Onemesh tab once its connected. Is there somewhere this needs to be toggled on within the router itself?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Archer C7 and Onemesh-Solution
2019-09-30 08:00:47 - last edited 2019-09-30 08:01:20

@Sean22 

Thanks for your reply.

From the picture attached, the Archer C7 works as an access point, while C7 supports onemesh in router mode ONLY. 

So you can go to operation mode, change it back to regular wireless router to enjoy the onemesh feature. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-10-14 04:04:40 - last edited 2020-10-14 04:04:55

@Petykemano   @GiuseppeC 

Hello all, apologies for the late answer.

As we stated in my previous reply that the wireless routers currently support OneMesh™ only in Router mode. It is not recommended to refer to any third-party announcement for a feature, as it might be wrong, you should contact our tech support for any specifications before purchase if it is not clear before the purchase. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

This will be forwarded as a feature request to our developers for consideration to add the support for onemesh when the wireless router works as an access point. Thank you for your feedback.

Good days~

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Archer C7 and Onemesh
2019-09-27 02:48:24

@Sean22 

Below is the instruction to configure the RE300. 

https://www.tp-link.com/search/?q=how+to+configure+onemesh+range+extender&t=FAQ&s=

Try to reboot the Archer C7 and follow the instructions above to configure the onemesh network. This time, please verify whether you can detect the TP-link wifi as onemesh network. You can take a picture of it.

And you can finish the configuration first and then login to the web UI of the Archer C7 and go to advanced-wireless-onemesh page and show us a picture. 

May it work. Good day. 

Options
2019-09-27 14:16:23

No luck. The RE300 sees my Archer C7 but doesn't show it as Onemesh.

You mentioned the C7 configuration for Onemesh under "advanced-wireless-onemesh". I don't see "advanced" anywhere. Maybe I am missing an initial setting or something to enable advanced mode? Attached is a screenshot of my webui, notice model and firmware version at the bottom.

Options
2019-09-30 08:00:47 - last edited 2019-09-30 08:01:20

@Sean22 

Thanks for your reply.

From the picture attached, the Archer C7 works as an access point, while C7 supports onemesh in router mode ONLY. 

So you can go to operation mode, change it back to regular wireless router to enjoy the onemesh feature. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-09-30 14:01:41

Are you kidding? Is this SERIOUS limitation going to be remedied at some point? Prior to my purchase I had read that Onemesh would be available in AP mode, though I currently am unable to link to that statement as there seems to be a lot of pages on this site that have been moved/removed.

Options
2019-10-10 06:22:50

@Sean22 

The Archer C7 supports Onemesh in router mode only; where did you see that it is available in AP mode? Could you please show us a link or picture? 

Meanwhile, to create a onemesh network, at least a wireless router and a network expansion device are needed, the Archer C7 plays a role as wireless router only in the mesh network, for the network expansion device, they will be range extender, powerline adpater. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-10-10 13:53:02

As I mentioned, I am unable to find it on this site anymore, along with a lot of other posts that seems to have disappeared. I did manage to find a review from a few months back that supports the claim, though I understand it is far from as reliable resource as something from TP LInk directly: https://dongknows.com/tp-link-onemesh-wi-fi-system-review/. Specifically, see screenshot: 

Options
2019-10-22 09:27:18 - last edited 2019-10-22 09:29:29

@Sean22 

I see, thanks for your reply. 

We will remind our product engineer and try to make the description more accurate.

And sorry for the inconvenience caused here; and for further reliable information, you can contact us TP-Link tech support.

Best regards. 

Options
2020-06-22 17:26:05

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I have 5 RE220 set as repeater, connected to a RE220 set as access point. I have purchased an Archer C7 change the RE220 and use the "one mesh" advertised feature. Guess what I have discovered after having reconfigured everything? That while listed as "one mesh" it is not "one mesh capable" in access point mode angry

Please update your description here:

https://www.tp-link.com/it/onemesh/compatibility/

and here

https://www.tp-link.com/it/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-c7/

I have 400EUR of TPLink devices I cannot use as planned in my company.

Would you please tell me which is the first device, in order of lowest cost,  that I can use as One Mesh Access Point ? Otherwise, I will have to return everything to Amazon.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Giuseppe Chillemi

Options
2020-10-01 08:21:46

@Kevin_Z 

Hey, 

I have seen several complains regarding OneMesh not available in Access Point mode of a router. 

Meanwhile I've also seen a few times reviewer mentioning this capability 

eg: https://dongknows.com/tp-link-onemesh-wi-fi-system-review/

"Access point mode: An OneMesh system can work in Access Point mode, meaning you can use it with an existing router or gateway as part of a single network. In this mode, other than the seamless hand-off, you’ll get no other features of the OneMesh system."

The thing is it is not clear for customers. (In fact I also have an Archer C6 and a RE200 extender which I can't use in mesh because the router works in AP mode.)

Originally I wanted to ask how one could know whether a router can do OneMesh in Access Point mode.

But I've found a FAQ in this topic (https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2690/) which seems to clear that almost all the benefits customers desired are only available to deco products leaving other routers and extenders rather in OneMess.

Could you please help me and other customers understand whether this is a deliberate market segmentation meaning that OneMesh will never have those funcionalites (eg: using two routers in OneMesh, or OneMesh available in Access Point mode of routers, etc) or will future OneMesh products catch up with deco mesh capabilities in time?

Options
2020-10-14 04:04:40 - last edited 2020-10-14 04:04:55

@Petykemano   @GiuseppeC 

Hello all, apologies for the late answer.

As we stated in my previous reply that the wireless routers currently support OneMesh™ only in Router mode. It is not recommended to refer to any third-party announcement for a feature, as it might be wrong, you should contact our tech support for any specifications before purchase if it is not clear before the purchase. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

This will be forwarded as a feature request to our developers for consideration to add the support for onemesh when the wireless router works as an access point. Thank you for your feedback.

Good days~

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 14647

Replies: 10

Related Articles