Advice needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Advice needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Advice needed
Advice needed
2019-09-29 07:39:43 - last edited 2019-09-30 03:35:45
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey!

I am the proud owner of a Archer C3150. It works perfectly, no problems whatsoever.

The thing is, I want to expand my network to some other buildings on our property. We are talking about 2 barns and a garage.Unfortunately there is no option to easily pull a UTP cable to those places as we have asphalt on our terrain.

I have been thinking to use the TP-Link Deco M7 or M9 to setup a mesh network. My main question is if I need to wire of one those Deco's to my C3150 or if it can use the existing WiFi from the C3150 and expand on that.

Furthermore, if anyone has an idea to use different TP-Link products to get the same or better result, please do tell. I am also a bit hesitant to put a Deco in a barn with lots of dust, etc.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Advice needed
2019-09-30 03:35:36 - last edited 2019-09-30 03:35:45

@Apie77 

Hello, it should be Deco P7 or Deco M9 plus. First you can use them to boost the wifi signal and build up a mesh wifi system. The Deco units can connect to each other by wired cable and wireless and they support access point mode and regular wireless router both, but the main Deco need connect to the internet source/router by wired cable. 

Except the Deco, there are some network expansion devices, like range extender and powerline adapters. The range extender can connect to the C3150 by wireless to boost the wifi signal, while the powerline units have a kit, the main adapter connects to the main router by wired cable, and the extender unit can be located after you paired them, they will comminucate with each other via powerline. 

Note: The performance of the range extender relates to the wireless interference, like distance, obstacles, while powerline adapters relates to the powerline environment. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 221

Replies: 1

Related Articles