3 Deco M9 and 2 different set up. Which is better?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-06 11:37:08 - last edited 2019-12-09 09:19:41
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.10

My current set up is:

by ethernet: MAIN DECO ->Tplink Switch -> 2 devices and 2nd tplink switch -> some devices and slave deco

the 3rd deco wifi connected

what i need to know is if it is better to change to:

by ethernet: MAIN DECO ->Tplink Switch -> 2 devices and SLAVE DECO -> 2nd tplink switch -> some devices

the 3rd deco wifi connected

basically the difference would be changing MAIN - SWITCH - SWITCH - DECO to a MAIN - SWITCH - DECO - SWITCH

or may be this changes doesn't affect at all and if so i don't touch anything. What do you think?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:3 Deco M9 and 2 different set up. Which is better?-Solution
2019-12-09 02:31:27 - last edited 2019-12-09 09:19:41

@canito 

Theoretically, both network diagrams will work well, for the actual performance, like speed and stability, it is more related to the actual network environment.  So it is hard to say which one is better without knowing more details. 

You can take some time to test the performance of each one and make the final decision based on the actual performance.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:3 Deco M9 and 2 different set up. Which is better?-Solution
2019-12-09 02:31:27 - last edited 2019-12-09 09:19:41

@canito 

Theoretically, both network diagrams will work well, for the actual performance, like speed and stability, it is more related to the actual network environment.  So it is hard to say which one is better without knowing more details. 

You can take some time to test the performance of each one and make the final decision based on the actual performance.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 657

Replies: 1

Related Articles