Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
140 Reply
Re:Wifi Router randomly rebooting
2020-10-26 18:56:15

Changing the transmit power to middle seems to do the trick on mine, Archer C5 1200 US V2. 

Options
2020-10-27 10:36:45

Hi @mda777, thank you for getting back and glad to hear that the reboot issue is resolved by lowering the Transmit Power on the C1200. This will be valued suggestions maybe  for others as well, thank you.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-10-27 10:41:17

@aslandog 

Kindly refer to my previous post on #82 to get the beta firmware for it. Or you may change the Transmit Power on the C1200 to middle or low to give it a go, as this works for mda777, I think you should try that.

Nice day.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-10-27 11:10:01

When are we getting a solution for the C9????  This is ridiculous!  Some days it will reboot itself 20-30 times somedays it doesn't reboot at all.  Get this fixed!!!!!!!!!

Options
2020-10-27 15:26:48

@Kevin_Z 

Does this solution also work for the C9? I have been encountering very similar issues for the C9 down to the system logs

Options
2020-10-28 05:42:11

@HuynhiethePooh    @mattyk151 

Hello all, thank you both for the issue feedback again. Sorry that our engineers are working on this, as we get some customer feedhack that there are lots of iOS14 devices in the C9 network, which might be the cause of the reboot.

We will update the progress as soon as we can, you may also try to lower the Transmit Power on the C9 to give it a go.

Thanks a lot~

Options
2020-10-28 13:10:39

My C7 keeps rebooting after changing the transmit power to low, is les frequent, but still have the same issue at least 3 times a day....

Options
2020-11-10 02:41:45

This is very annoying. The C9 was working perfectly and now, since a week, I get disconnected at least 5-10 times a day... First time I buy a "premium" router and I never had to deal with a router issue before.

@Kevin_Z  Can you send me something by email? Everybody seems too be asking this....

Options
2020-11-10 06:30:41

@Rafagdl 

Hello, have you tried some suggestions from other customers that we can try to disable the Private MAC address on the iOS14 devices (if there are)?

Options
2020-11-10 06:34:38

@InternetDropped 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Can you confirm if the issue is the wireless disconnect or the C9 router reboot as some other customers encountered? As for the reboot issue, our engineers are working actively with our R&D, we will soon provide a beta firmware to try to fix it, can you please wait?

BTW, please confirm if there is any iOS14 devices in the network? You may try to disable the Private MAC address on those devices and see if it helps:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211227

Options
Related Articles