How to set the Advance setting on Deco App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-07 13:01:20 - last edited 2020-02-24 12:06:26
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

In the deco app not sure if I need to set any of these or what they even mean. I can't find information on how to set the following and I don't know if I have things properly set to make sure I'm getting the best usage out of each P9 (3 units) 

It's currently set as follow:

IPv4:      Dynamic IP

IPv6:      Disable

VLAN:    Disable

Address Reservation   >    (not sure what this is)

Port Forwarding    >           (not sure what this is)

TP-Link DDNS     Disable  (not sure what this is)

Fast Roaming      Disable  (not sure what this is)

Led Control                        (this one I understood and I set it)

Operating mode    Router  (this one I understood)

Notification   Enabled         (this one I understood)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to set the Advance setting on Deco App-Solution
2020-01-08 02:00:49 - last edited 2020-02-24 12:06:26

@Salvstar 

Hello, you do not have to setup the advance settings unless you need specific feature to satisfy your needs. They won't affect the network performance. 

Address Reservation is used to reserve a fixed IP address to a specific client device so that the device always obtains the same IP address when connecting to Deco, which makes it easier to recognize and manage the client devices. 

Port Forwarding allows you to make a device or service in your home network accessible by other devices over the internet, whilst ensuring your network remains protected. 

TP-Link DDNS feature on the router to allow you and your friends to access your router and local servers (FTP, HTTP, etc.) using a domain name, in no need of checking and remembering the dynamic IP addresses.

Fast roaming, you can read this article. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/180194

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to set the Advance setting on Deco App-Solution
2020-01-08 02:00:49 - last edited 2020-02-24 12:06:26

@Salvstar 

Hello, you do not have to setup the advance settings unless you need specific feature to satisfy your needs. They won't affect the network performance. 

Address Reservation is used to reserve a fixed IP address to a specific client device so that the device always obtains the same IP address when connecting to Deco, which makes it easier to recognize and manage the client devices. 

Port Forwarding allows you to make a device or service in your home network accessible by other devices over the internet, whilst ensuring your network remains protected. 

TP-Link DDNS feature on the router to allow you and your friends to access your router and local servers (FTP, HTTP, etc.) using a domain name, in no need of checking and remembering the dynamic IP addresses.

Fast roaming, you can read this article. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/180194

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 10279

Replies: 1

Related Articles