Deco Mobile App on Android Does not Display Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-09 10:33:37 - last edited 2020-01-09 12:04:32
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.9.3

Hello, 

The past few days the Parental controls tab has dissapeared from the Deco Mobile App. I  have uninstalled and re-installed the app on my mobile but still the Parental controls do not appear any more. I have  3 Deco M4 units at home. 

Any idea what is causing this problem? 

Thank you 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco Mobile App on Android Does not Display Parental Controls-Solution
2020-01-09 11:45:53 - last edited 2020-01-09 12:04:32

@DecoUser13 you change your deco to AP mode? Parental Controle don't work on AP mode.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco Mobile App on Android Does not Display Parental Controls-Solution
2020-01-09 11:45:53 - last edited 2020-01-09 12:04:32

@DecoUser13 you change your deco to AP mode? Parental Controle don't work on AP mode.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco Mobile App on Android Does not Display Parental Controls
2020-01-09 12:05:33
Thank you .. I did this yes a few days back. I will revert the settings when I get back home .
Options
2020-01-10 02:00:46

@DecoUser13 

Hello, per Leoz said, the Deco M4 does not support parental control in access point mode. You can go to Deco app and click more-operation mode to verify it. 

Besides, you can read this article to get the differences between the router mode and access point mode. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-29 06:26:49

@DecoUser13 ,

I have precies the same problems. Any idee ?

Options
2020-03-16 20:46:28

@DecoUser13 I have the same problem. And switching back from AP modes will give problems with my TV provider. So why is parental control only available in the router-modus?

Options
2020-03-17 03:02:55

@CoinHunter 

The gateway device handles the traffic transmission. When Deco works as an access point, it can be regarded as a network expansion device, not a gateway/DHCP server anymore, that is why it does not support parental control in AP mode. 

Meanwhile, you can give us a detailed description of the current issue and then we can do some troubleshooting to locate it. 

Options
2020-03-30 11:52:35 - last edited 2020-03-30 11:53:09

Huh I had something like that happen in the past. You should try contacting the technical support group they might actually be of help to you. But what I also noticed that it depends on the phone and the coverage you have. I had a bad cellphone provider and I often had a lot of glitches on my phone and with my apps. It was very annoying. So I decided to change it. I started looking online for help and advice and I found this really cool company called usave that actually has a lot of different options for you to use and to figure out what works best for you. (You can check them here: https://usave.co.uk/ ) Overall after I changed my provider I did not have problems with my apps anymore. You should try it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2999

Replies: 7

Related Articles