Having port forwarding issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-17 18:06:04 - last edited 2020-04-17 19:22:29
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20190917 Rel. 75120

Hi, I wanted to host a minecraft server from my home pc and have opened the ports 25565 in the Deco E4 software however, even after restarting the the E4 and my router it does not seem to work. Before I got my E4's I would just port forward with my ISP's standard router and also creating a static IP on the windows machine by changing the ipv4 settings of my ethernet adapter and it would work. Now with the E4's I dont seem to be able to create the static ip on my pc because it requires DHCP enabled, otherwise I cant recieve any internet connection at all.

If someone could help me, I would appreciate it thanks. I'll put some images of my windows ipconfig and the Deco portforwarding page.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Having port forwarding issues
2020-04-28 09:47:14

@Wajeeh 

Hi, normally, no matter your PC is using DHCP or static IP, if it's connected to the Deco and the IP address is correct, you can go to the internet.

In your case, please help to confirm the following information.

1. When you using ISP's standard router, what's the WAN IP address on your router? When using the Deco, what's the WAN IP address on the Deco?

2. Would you please describe your network diagram in detail?

3. How do you test the port forwarding feature is not working? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 500

Replies: 1

Related Articles