Deco cant connect to tv set up box via lan cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-30 12:43:18 - last edited 2021-01-04 03:04:16
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hi 

My deco M5 seems to be having trouble connecting to my tv set up box via lan cable. If I were to connect the lan cable directly from the modem.to my tv box, the set up works. 

However if I were to connect my tv set up box via Lan cable from Deco M5 directly, I cant seem to get the set up box up. 

I have normal wifi, no issue. Just the lan cable doesnt seem to be connecting to my tv box

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco cant connect to tv set up box via lan cable -Solution
2021-01-03 13:00:15 - last edited 2021-01-04 03:04:16

@Jkjk3468 

Have the same issue now (withM4) although it worked for a year now it doesnt connect (router mode) tried both modes, wifi connection no issue, either mode..

Tv is LG

Solved checked the IP on tv and changed it to manual, and works now..

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco cant connect to tv set up box via lan cable
2020-05-16 07:43:37

@Jkjk3468 

Hi,
1. What's the operation mode of the Deco? Router or the AP mode?
2. Please try to connect a laptop/PC to the LAN port of the Deco M5 via an ethernet cable, do you have the internet on the laptop/PC?
If yes, which means the wired connection from the Deco M5 is no problem. While your tv box is unable to work when connecting to the Deco M5 via a LAN cable, it may be that your tv box requires some special settings and you have configured on the modem, thus it works when connected to the modem's LAN port.

Options
Re:Deco cant connect to tv set up box via lan cable -Solution
2021-01-03 13:00:15 - last edited 2021-01-04 03:04:16

@Jkjk3468 

Have the same issue now (withM4) although it worked for a year now it doesnt connect (router mode) tried both modes, wifi connection no issue, either mode..

Tv is LG

Solved checked the IP on tv and changed it to manual, and works now..

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3009

Replies: 2

Related Articles