Create my personal Captive Portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-14 14:04:21
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello guys,

finally after a month of work I managed to conclude one of my many ambitions: to create a personalized captive portal; and between CCS, JS and HTML I managed to do it following TP-Link guidelines. When I tried to connect it, however, it takes a long time to load some times, other times it loads but the CSS is missing.

So I would like to ask you if there are guidelines or suggestions in captive portal design, it is my first and I would like to learn.

I am very grateful if you can help me,
greetings from Italy.
Andrew

Options
3 Reply
Re:Create my personal Captive Portal
2020-05-14 16:37:26

@AndreaPellegrin, it's difficult to help if you don't tell details.

Long loading times could be a DNS issue, missing CSS could be an issue with self-signed certificates or with wrong/missing CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) headers if a separate domain for static content is used. There are dozens other possible causes for such issues, too.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-05-14 20:55:03

Thanks @R1D2,

i'll try to do my best to explain better.

Images, fonts, and other is not loaded. I create my login page like should a normal website. If i use internal CSS, CSS works. How shoild i refer to images or external CSS? It seems files aren't on the same folder.

If can help my external portal is in Apache Serve on Raspberry Pi 4, so i refer so:

http://192.168.1.118/login.html

Please ask me everything you need to understand better the situation,

really thanks

Andrea Pellegrin

Options
2020-05-14 23:35:40

AndreaPellegrin wrote

If can help my external portal is in Apache Serve on Raspberry Pi 4, so i refer so:

http://192.168.1.118/login.html

This is obvious, but there could be a DNS lookup somewhere in the chain of requests and redirects, which probably causes delays in loading the portal page. That's what I suspected as the cause for delays, especially if the delays don't occur for any request, but only intermittently (b/c NX domain responses being cached). Just a guess.

As for static files, you should address them as usual in HTML, that's »/static-files/filename.css«, where static-files is your folder and filename.css is the name of your CSS file.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 855

Replies: 3

Related Articles