Strange behaviour TL-WR1043ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-28 23:23:35
Region : Greece

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Latest official

ISP : Primetel

Hi everyone,
Just bought few days ago the router in order to have access to the settings of the router, cause the provider had blocked the settings of their modem.

My main issue is the following:
I have connected to the LAN port a media player (together with many other devices). I use the media player frequently to download torrents and watch online movies, which are included in the firmware of the media player (online streaming). I have the following strange behavior: I start watching a movie and after some period of time (let's say about 20 min) the movies stops. Then I can't enter other service or the movie in the media player (all the services that have to do with access to the internet). In the setting of the media player I can see the ip correctly, in the settings of the router I see the media player to be connected. However, it seems that the router blocks any access to internet. Please note that at this time all the other devices have internet access...no issues there!!

Then, the solution comes if I turn off and back on the device or restart the router....the media player then has back the internet and of course after watching for some time the online movie the same problem occurs.

I've tried to play a bit with the settings in the router, such as enabling and disabling the firewall, enabling and disabling the bandwidth control, assigning fix ip to the device. It feels like when a certain amount of data volume from this device is reached, the router blocks it. I never had such an issue before putting the router.

Any ideas where is the issue and how I could solve it?

Thanking you in advance.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Strange behaviour TL-WR1043ND
2013-01-29 19:45:57
Options
Re:Strange behaviour TL-WR1043ND
2013-01-29 20:49:30

Ada wrote

Did that yesterday. No change. Same behavior. Not sure if that could be due to some settings or it's purely bug from the TP link.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 2

Related Articles