New Deco X60 shows strange behaviour after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-09 07:32:50 - last edited 2020-08-11 03:06:26
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20200709 Rel. 46606

Hi,

When I installed the X60 out of the box for the first time, All wifi connected devices stayed connected, even if the devices where on standby/screen off. Like my mobile phone, a Samsung S9. This also showed in the Deco app. 

Deco is set as DHCP

Address reservation is on (could turn this off and see if it helps, but on the otter hand this worked flawlessly before the firmware update.

After  I updated the firmware suddenly a number of devices show as offline in the Deco app, also like my SamsungS9. First I thought it was a software bug, and I thought the devices would in fact be online. But when a brought the devices out of standby the showed no wifi connection for a second or 2. And then reconnect. I could see the devices were really had been offline, because when I turned on my phone all emails and Whatsapp messages were pulled from their servers. This should also be happening from standby. This also counts for various other devices like the Samsung S9 from my wife, my Sony Android tv which normally keeps the wifi connection alive in standby, my Samsung S5e tablet, my wifes Samsung S2 tablet, my Harman/Kardon Citation soundbar. When devices are pulled out from standby, the connection is set up again and keeps working while the device screen is on. 

The above issue started exactly from the moment after the firmware update. Before that everything was working just fine.

Is there a way to revert back to the previous firmware?

Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Dennis

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New Deco X60 shows strange behaviour after firmware update-Solution
2020-08-11 03:06:22 - last edited 2020-08-11 03:06:26

@Paasklaas 

Hello, thanks for reporting this to the community.

Can you please help confirm some details and we will try to fix it?

1. The device status on the Deco app may not be always accurate as there might be a delay when it detects the device status.

2. When your phone or tablet is in standby mode then turns to be active, there is a 1-2s reconnection, can you please take a short video showing this behavior? You may reproduce this issue on the tablet and use your phone to take the video, thanks.

3. How about the Deco X60 status, are they always normal with green LEDs? BTW, how many X60 units do you have in total?

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:New Deco X60 shows strange behaviour after firmware update-Solution
2020-08-11 03:06:22 - last edited 2020-08-11 03:06:26

@Paasklaas 

Hello, thanks for reporting this to the community.

Can you please help confirm some details and we will try to fix it?

1. The device status on the Deco app may not be always accurate as there might be a delay when it detects the device status.

2. When your phone or tablet is in standby mode then turns to be active, there is a 1-2s reconnection, can you please take a short video showing this behavior? You may reproduce this issue on the tablet and use your phone to take the video, thanks.

3. How about the Deco X60 status, are they always normal with green LEDs? BTW, how many X60 units do you have in total?

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:New Deco X60 shows strange behaviour after firmware update
2021-10-21 13:05:55

@Paasklaas

I'm also facing some of the same issues with WhatsApp and even I have used this GBWhatsApp app to fix it.
But all my problems have been solved since I upgraded the version's

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1521

Replies: 2