Strange behavior with META Apps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-15 12:20:45 - last edited 2023-02-16 08:12:42
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220715 rel.19099(5553)

Whenever I'm connected to a network through my Archer C7 router, some content just doesn't load, as if the destination host doesn't exist or if there's some firewall blocking it.

I investigated last night and managed to identify that all content from the host: instagram.fbhz2-2.fna.fbcdn.net does not appear to me. This happens to others as well, but I took this as an example of the problem. All from META Apps (Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram).

If I connect to my provider's network directly, the same content loads. If I use 4G or 5G from my mobile operators, they also work.

I tried to connect on Wifi 2.4G, 5G and directly via LAN but it doesn't work.

My equipment is no longer under warranty, so I tried a few things myself: 1) reset to default factory and reconfigure 2) Just reset to default factory (no additional configuration) 3) Disable parental control and SPI firewall 4) Setup manually google's DNS and OpenDNS 5) I changed the provider's device LAN port.

I know it's something very strange and it's an illogical problem, but that's what's happening here. I didn't even call my access provider since using his equipment's network, this problem doesn't occur.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me other than changing my router?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Strange behavior with META Apps-Solution
2023-02-15 17:38:59 - last edited 2023-02-16 08:12:42

@Elsonem IPV6 support was disabled. Access works after enabling.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Strange behavior with META Apps-Solution
2023-02-15 17:38:59 - last edited 2023-02-16 08:12:42

@Elsonem IPV6 support was disabled. Access works after enabling.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Strange behavior with META Apps
2023-02-16 08:12:31

Hello @Elsonem 

Thank you very much for sharing the solution with the community.

Just want to confirm, who is your ISP, and does he provide the IPv6 connection as well as IPv4?

From what you described, it seems that the IPv4 internet access gets blocked by those applications automatically when connecting the router to the network.

We will pay close attention to such feedback and try to analyze why this happens in some networks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 199

Replies: 2

Related Articles