Extending Deco P9 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-23 12:29:38 - last edited 2020-07-24 02:18:06
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all, 

I have a Deco P9 setup in my house. The pack of 3 are spread out throughout my house. However, I want to put one more in to the network for the top floor. I dont want to have to buy a pack of 3 again, as thats far too excessive. Could someone recommed a model that I can buy a single unti of that would a, work seamlessly with the Deco P9 product without compromising efficiency and b, not have the need for another app on my phone (ie work with the deco app)?

Many thanks for your help

James

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extending Deco P9 network-Solution
2020-07-24 02:17:57 - last edited 2020-07-24 02:18:06

@Jimwalton 

Basically, all the Deco devices are compatible with each other and you can also add other range extender or powerline extender in the Deco network. However, Deco can only build a mesh network with the Deco models, it can't build a mesh network with the non-Deco devices.

For more details, please refer to the below:

Can different Deco models work together?

May this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Extending Deco P9 network-Solution
2020-07-24 02:17:57 - last edited 2020-07-24 02:18:06

@Jimwalton 

Basically, all the Deco devices are compatible with each other and you can also add other range extender or powerline extender in the Deco network. However, Deco can only build a mesh network with the Deco models, it can't build a mesh network with the non-Deco devices.

For more details, please refer to the below:

Can different Deco models work together?

May this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Extending Deco P9 network
2021-04-12 20:41:54

Hi @Jimwalton I am in the same position and am going to take the plunge and buy a new set of 3.  Are you still in the market for a unit?  If so happy to share one with you at cost plus postage?

I'm based in London.

Alvin

Options
Re:Extending Deco P9 network
2021-11-27 13:31:50

@Jimwalton Hi, I know it has been some time, did you get another set of P9 and if so do you have one spare ?

Many thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1128

Replies: 3

Related Articles