R600VPN: Enable Web Filtering problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-24 13:59:40 - last edited 2022-06-26 05:18:47
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.4 Build 20200313 Rel.41831

For whitelisting some websites and blacklisting all the rest:

1) Behavior Control/Web Group: I created a Web Group List with accessible website addresses

2) Bahavior Control/Web Group Filtering: I added my Web Group list with Whitelist enabled

3) Bahavior Control/Web Group Filtering: i added All Web Group list with Blacklist enabled

4) Bahavior Control/Web Group Filtering: I checked Enable Web Filtering and save

Now when I browse I can only access websites in the whitelist.

However, after rebooting the router I find that 'Enable Web Filtering' is unchecked and I can browse all websites.

Kindly provide solution to this problem.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:R600VPN: Enable Web Filtering problem-Solution
2020-10-27 03:56:05 - last edited 2021-04-16 09:09:49

Dear @ajshaikh1,

It could be reproduced when the last configuration step is to enable Web Filtering. If there are other settings changed after enabling Web Filtering, it won't have the problem. 

This has been reported to the R&D for improvement, the R&D will add a plan to optimize it in the later new firmware.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please feel free to let me know if you need a beta firmware to solve the problem rapidly.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:R600VPN: Enable Web Filtering problem
2020-08-05 04:00:54 - last edited 2021-04-16 09:09:49

Dear ajshaikh1 

Thank you for your kind feedback.

ajshaikh1 wrote

For whitelisting some websites and blacklisting all the rest:

1) Behavior Control/Web Group: I created a Web Group List with accessible website addresses

2) Bahavior Control/Web Group Filtering: I added my Web Group list with Whitelist enabled

3) Bahavior Control/Web Group Filtering: i added All Web Group list with Blacklist enabled

4) Bahavior Control/Web Group Filtering: I checked Enable Web Filtering and save

Now when I browse I can only access websites in the whitelist.

However, after rebooting the router I find that 'Enable Web Filtering' is unchecked and I can browse all websites.

Kindly provide solution to this problem.

I ran the test on the R600VPN V4 with firmware Build 20200313 but failed to reproduce the problem.

After rebooting the router, 'Enable Web Filtering' is still checked and I can only browse the websites allowed.

If you can reproduce the problem steadily on your side, may I ask for a backup file of your router (login username and password are required) for further tests?

Best Regards!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-23 20:28:18 - last edited 2021-04-16 09:09:49

@ajshaikh1 

I now have a 2nd router (TL-R600VPN V4 with Build 20200313) with default Factory setting.

1. Under Web Group I created a test group with access to *.cnn.com
  2. Under Web Group Filtering I created a filter: IPGroup_LAN, whitelist, Any time, added test group, enabled
  3. Under Web Group Filtering I enabled Web Filtering
  4. I exported the configuration (see attached, username: admin, password: welcome)
  5. Rebooted
  6. Router has disabled Web Filtering

As the same problem is occurring in 2nd hardware this means it is a firmware issue.

Can someone please solve this problem?

File:
Config-beforeReboot.binDownload
Options
2020-10-26 05:38:53 - last edited 2021-04-16 09:09:49

Dear @ajshaikh1,

Thank you for your valued reply with detailed information.

I now have a 2nd router (TL-R600VPN V4 with Build 20200313) with default Factory setting.

1. Under Web Group I created a test group with access to *.cnn.com
  2. Under Web Group Filtering I created a filter: IPGroup_LAN, whitelist, Any time, added test group, enabled
  3. Under Web Group Filtering I enabled Web Filtering
  4. I exported the configuration (see attached, username: admin, password: welcome)
  5. Rebooted
  6. Router has disabled Web Filtering

As the same problem is occurring in 2nd hardware this means it is a firmware issue.

To better assist you, I've forwarded your case to the senior engineer who will help to do further tests. Any updates, I'll let you know.

Options
Re:R600VPN: Enable Web Filtering problem-Solution
2020-10-27 03:56:05 - last edited 2021-04-16 09:09:49

Dear @ajshaikh1,

It could be reproduced when the last configuration step is to enable Web Filtering. If there are other settings changed after enabling Web Filtering, it won't have the problem. 

This has been reported to the R&D for improvement, the R&D will add a plan to optimize it in the later new firmware.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please feel free to let me know if you need a beta firmware to solve the problem rapidly.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1701

Replies: 4