Two CPE210s can't connect well

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Two CPE210s can't connect well

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Two CPE210s can't connect well
2021-08-31 23:34:32 - last edited 2021-09-01 00:10:37

i have might have a little band-aid fix for the connection problem.

what i did is i made a reboot schedule via pharos control (you will need PC turned on)*
and i set the reboot every 4am in the morning. everyday. as the weird link problems happens almost daily.
the base ap reboot every 4am so that it wont randomly have the connection problem in the middle of the day.

*i really wish tplink would just make a reboot schedule inside the gui (standalone) so no need to have pharos control running.

also all the cpe i set the watchdog:
ip = ip of the base ap
Ping Interval = 10 (seconds)
Startup Delay = 180 (3 minutes)
Fail Count To Reboot = 6

Options
Re:Two CPE210s can't connect well
2021-09-23 22:33:59

@R1D2 I have the same issue and have mine in the garage, we decided to try moving it out of the garage to line of sight but the speed was the same. So i am in the same boat. 100 in the gouse 13-35(on a good day) in my shop.

R1D2 wrote

Hi Kirk,

you're welcome.

Some remarks:

88inall wrote

The AP antenna is unfortunately only 7 feet off the ground (that's what I can get on the neighbor's side), and mine is 20 feet in the air.

[...]

The AP antenna is in the neighbor's garage

Ehm, in the garage?

If it's really in the garage, this might be the cause for signal flapping.

7 feet is ~2m, 20 feet is ~7m, right? There is nothing wrong to mount CPEs at different heights as long as you tilt them accordingly.

However, the most important point for a reliable directional link even over 100m is a fresnel zone clearance of at least 40%, better 20%.

No tree, no wall, no car, no metal structure allowed inside the fresnel zone. Even no rain nor snow, but this is hard to achieve, so expect a drop of the signal by ~3dBm when it's raining or snowing. The remaining signal attenuation is caused by the air.

Here you have the interfences: the direct wave (path senderAreceiverB) being reflected from an obstacle inside the 2nd fresnel zone to the receiver (path CB):

Imagine the EM wave chaos if one CPE is inside a building or a garage and direct waves get reflected multiple times.

I'll try playing with the POE (can you really use the antenna directly plugged into Ethernet without going through a POE adapter?

No, this does not work. The CPE needs power; it's not just an antenna, but contains a lot of active components, too.

Options