Redirection and vlan question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-12 02:34:10
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 Build 20200703 Rel.59609

Greetings!

Its been a day since I upgraded to SDN, and really excited. Had some troubleshooting and found a bug, a suggestion and a few questions.

In portal > hotspot > Landing Page > The Promotional URL

I can't seem to regirect them to specific url like my FB page only can input a root url. Is it different from the old firmware where after they aunthenticate they will be redirected to a URL?

Its sad that we can only have one portal, but as I read the forums, how can I get the getway or the wired omada to work? like which model do I need to buy to achieve this, and from the compatability lists can the TL-SG108PE be included in the list. 

In connection with the single portal, I used different SSIDs and portal direct VLAN, but because we only have 1 portal and one design, people are asking why and they are just connecting to the publicly portal because its the same but with limitrate, with this can we put a VLAN option in portal or in authentication? Like if they use voucher they go to VLAN30 while if they use the password they go to VLAN50.

I'm really excited that I did choose omada over the other products because of this update, but as I have asked, how can I use the other functions like the gateway or the wired services, but still satisfied at the upgrade.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Redirection and vlan question
2020-08-12 06:21:16

Hello @JessieG,

I can't seem to regirect them to specific url like my FB page only can input a root url. Is it different from the old firmware where after they aunthenticate they will be redirected to a URL?

This has been discussed in this post, it will be supported in the next version, please wait for the new version patiently.

Its sad that we can only have one portal, but as I read the forums, how can I get the getway or the wired omada to work? like which model do I need to buy to achieve this, and from the compatability lists can the TL-SG108PE be included in the list.

The SDN controller only supports one portal per site. Let's follow the link below for the Omada Gateway and Omada Switch (coming soon).

https://www.tp-link.com/business-networking/all-omada/#omada-switch

At present, the TL-SG108PE doesn't support Omada SDN, and this thread has discussed the Omada SDN support on the available switches (there is a plan to support).

with this can we put a VLAN option in portal or in authentication? Like if they use voucher they go to VLAN30 while if they use the password they go to VLAN50.

The Omada EAP supports VLAN, you can configure the VLAN when adding the SSID under Wireless Network.

If you would like to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs, you may refer to this setup video.

Hope this information is helpful. Best regards!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 616

Replies: 1