Deco X60 boot loop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X60 boot loop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco X60 boot loop
Deco X60 boot loop
2020-08-20 12:09:34 - last edited 2020-08-25 08:54:20
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 build 20200709 Tel 46606

After a relatively easy setup yesterday, I came home after a night shift to discover the main deco unit was flashing red. I figured a quick restart would solve the issue.

Alas. No matter what, the unit would not restore itself to a functioning state. So I went to bed, hoping to fix it after some sleep.

After waking up,  find that all the Deco units (all set up in AP mode, like th main deco) have the same issue.

Eventually, I resolved this by removing the network and starting setup over completely.

So far so good.

Except for one unit. The initial main Deco. This unit will start off with a solid yellow light. Then transtion blinking blue, on to solid blue and then turn off and go back to yellow. It is invisible to the network, a direct wired connection fails as well. The unit cannot be accessed via direct connection (192.169.0.1) and what is far,far worse: it is entirely unresponsive to the hardware factory reset button on the device. The button does nothing. Neither when pressed,held down or held down before powering the unit on.

Any help?

If not, I will simply return this set and never  look back.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X60 boot loop-Solution
2021-01-22 08:01:16 - last edited 2021-06-07 03:43:49

@wapplew 

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback.

For this issue, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Hold the bottom reset pinhole for 1s and check whether loop reboot could stop;

2. After reset, if it was still the same, please refer to this link to do a firmware recovery: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2958/ 

While if both suggestions failed, please send an email to support@tp-link.com with the subject [Forum ID 223216]Deco X60 boot loop with the following information:

1. Where are you located?
  2. A video clip  or video link of the LED lights on the Deco;
  3. Did this issue start after a firmware upgrade, or power outage, or something else?
  4. Did any of the above suggestions work?

Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
Re:Deco X60 boot loop
2020-08-25 08:53:42 - last edited 2021-06-07 03:33:09

@Bitt3rSteel 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

For this solid yellow status, please try to do a firmware recovery and confirm if the issue can be fixed:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/672

Let me know is there is still an issue, good day.

Options
2020-11-23 07:35:34

@TP-Link_Deco 

Tried your suggestion, but just after power on the Deco X60 (with holding reset), the light immeidately turned into stable green, and continue to lit up in green.

Any alternative solution ?

Options
2020-11-23 09:19:03

@jojoc 

Good day,

May I know why did you try the firmware recovery? Or did the X60 have the boot loop issue as well?

Have you set up the X60 already?

Normally, if the LED is green, it means the X60 is working properly.

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options
2020-11-24 02:29:42

@TP-Link 

The Decos have been setup successfully.
After a few days, one of the unit was not functioning and I remove it from the Network by using the Deco apps and resetup.
Unfortunately, it is showing the Stable Yellow --> Blinking Yellow --> Blinking Blue --> Off, this cycle keeps on repeating.

I tried your recovery method by holding the Reset when power on, I can see stable yellow light shows about 1--2 secs, and then it straight turned into stable Green light, and freeze there.

Please kindly advise.

Thanks.

Options
2020-12-04 11:00:46

@TP_LINK I am having the exactly same issue of @jojoc 

Just one of my 3 X60 goes into this reboot loop of Solid Yellow > Blinking Yellow > Blinking Blue > Off > Slod Yellow ...

Tried powering on holding the reset button but goes from Yellow > Bliking Green > Solid Green (stays in Green, but without working). 

Any alternative solution?

Thanks & regards

Options
2020-12-11 10:24:26

@DinoFM   @DinoFM 

Hi, 

May I know how long have you had the Deco X60 units and when did this issue start?

Could you please send me a private message about the MAC address of the problematic Deco?

Thank you very much!

Options
2021-01-09 02:55:41

@TP-Link 

I installed a new three unit Deco X60 two days ago. The set up was a breeze. But, the main unit failed. None of the tips provided in the forum or their website helped.

After reset, one of the satellite units was swapped to be main and started working. However, the first unit started as Main and now a satellite is not working.

It is solid yellow and occasionally goes to solid Red, but does not connect. Tried several restarts and resets.

I'll give it few more days to see if I can fix it or if any response from TP link is able to rescue the unit. If not, I plan to return it to the store (Costco) next week. Too much precious time wasted already. The unit was bought to enable better efficiency in WiFi for our telework and if it is adding to the woes, it is not worth it.

Thanks

Options
2021-01-16 23:16:18

@TP-Link 

I'm have the same issue where the x60 was working as the main, it stopped working (solid red light). Made another unit the main, that unit works fine as the main. The original main unit will not connect and is in a loop (same as above).  Is there a fix?

Options
2021-01-19 08:32:29

I have the same problem on my satellite unit, keep yellow light, blue blink and back to yellow.

Try reset but only go into solid green light (but not working). Power off and on again, back to boot loop.

Options
Re:Deco X60 boot loop-Solution
2021-01-22 08:01:16 - last edited 2021-06-07 03:43:49

@wapplew 

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback.

For this issue, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Hold the bottom reset pinhole for 1s and check whether loop reboot could stop;

2. After reset, if it was still the same, please refer to this link to do a firmware recovery: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2958/ 

While if both suggestions failed, please send an email to support@tp-link.com with the subject [Forum ID 223216]Deco X60 boot loop with the following information:

1. Where are you located?
  2. A video clip  or video link of the LED lights on the Deco;
  3. Did this issue start after a firmware upgrade, or power outage, or something else?
  4. Did any of the above suggestions work?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3755

Replies: 16

Related Articles