Really frustrated with Deco devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-21 06:59:31 - last edited 2020-08-27 05:42:04
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just received my deco M9P set and spent more than 1 hour reconfiguring my home network. In just 1 hour I feel this is not my router. I can't believe this is a multi-hundred dollar device because of the lack of basic functionalities:

1. you can't create separate 5G/2.4G SSIDs

2. you can only have 1 guest SSIDs (why? because I'm trying to get around #1)

3. you can't disable the network isolation for guest SSIDs (why? again, i'm trying to get around #1)

4. you can't resolve internal device names? Now I have to reference them by IP addresses...

5. web configuration contains nothing, you can't even change your password from there.

Such a failure, now i really questioning myself should i continue wasting my time on this.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Really frustrated with Deco devices-Solution
2020-08-27 05:41:58 - last edited 2020-08-27 05:42:04

@xxxxxx 

Hello, thanks for requesting. 

These features you requested are not available yet, and we do receive some similar feedback that the 2.4G and 5G should be separatable, there should be isolated for the guest network when the Deco works as a router (AP mode has already supported it), more than one guest network, limited features on the web UI, etc, all of these features or suggestions have been forwarded to our developers and they are working on it, they will evaluate whether or how to add those feature on the Deco device.

As you know,  it is not always easy to release a new firmware as our developers need to evaluate the feasibility and do round and round tests to ensure its performance. We believe that you want a new firmware which is more powerful and much more suitable for most requests. 

We hope you could understand and wait patiently for futures firmware updates.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Really frustrated with Deco devices-Solution
2020-08-27 05:41:58 - last edited 2020-08-27 05:42:04

@xxxxxx 

Hello, thanks for requesting. 

These features you requested are not available yet, and we do receive some similar feedback that the 2.4G and 5G should be separatable, there should be isolated for the guest network when the Deco works as a router (AP mode has already supported it), more than one guest network, limited features on the web UI, etc, all of these features or suggestions have been forwarded to our developers and they are working on it, they will evaluate whether or how to add those feature on the Deco device.

As you know,  it is not always easy to release a new firmware as our developers need to evaluate the feasibility and do round and round tests to ensure its performance. We believe that you want a new firmware which is more powerful and much more suitable for most requests. 

We hope you could understand and wait patiently for futures firmware updates.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Really frustrated with Deco devices
2020-08-27 05:45:36

@TP-Link_Deco no worries, i sent it back.

Options