DECO M4R Disconnection & TIMEOUT ISSUE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-24 04:13:32 - last edited 2021-09-29 08:18:37
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200727 Rel. 37987

Hi,

I just got my TPLINK DECO M4R few days ago and i try to set it up but it gives me alot of problem. The problem is timeout issue when ping to router/gateway no matter i set it as router mode ( BTU to DECO ) or ( DLINK router to DECO set as AP ) both will happens. If i disable the 2.4Ghz in Deco APP i will get stable connection with no timeout, once i enable it back it will become nightmare for all my network device connected to it. Firmware is updated to latest. Anyone able to assist? My older DLINK router wifi is far more stable than this deco sigh.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:DECO M4 Disconnection & TIMEOUT ISSUE-Solution
2021-09-28 13:35:11 - last edited 2021-09-29 08:18:37

Hi @Jico 

You can try as below :

Turn off the mesh features for the device that having problem. You may scroll to find the name of your laptop then just turn it off. I solve mine by doing this.

Below is my setting, ever since i change the setting i never had a single problem anymore with my deco.

Hope this can solve your problem.

Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:DECO M4R Disconnection & TIMEOUT ISSUE
2020-08-25 03:36:51

@Omg7788 

Hello, please help confirm some details and we can try to fix it together. 

1. What is the current network diagram? How many Deco M4R in your network? How are they connected?

2. What is the LED status of the Deco M4R when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco M4R directly, can you access the internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

4. Besides, you can try to relocate them and swap the locations of Deco units.

5. Additionally, you can leave the main 2.4GHz disabled and turn on the guest 2.4GHz, let those 2.4GHz clients connect to the guest network to give it a go.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-08-25 03:48:59

@TP-Link_Deco 

All info such as network diagram already explain in my previous thread.

1. DECO M4R 2x PACK ( Config i have tried : BTU > DECO 1 / BTU > DECO 1 > DECO 2 , DLINK-842 > DECO 1 > DECO 2 )
2. LED on all Deco is stable light blue when timeout connection happens. ( NOTE : i am not dc from internet, just that i got intermittent timeout when browsing which is unacceptable because it is quite annoying as the webpage will keep stuck & unload )
3. BTU connects with Deco ( act as PPPOE ) works fine but still the " TIMEOUT " issue still persist. ( I tried only setup the main deco still same problem )
4. Relocate the DECO doesn't help, i tried set it up at my neighbour house which few blocks away from my house and still it gives the same issue.
5. Disable 2.4Ghz from main SSID & create a 2.4Ghz on guest tested doesn't solve the issue.

Options
2020-08-25 13:19:17

So frustrating, even now i have to switch back to my DIR-842 though the down side is just the signal not enough for my house coverage but far more stable than DECO M4R. Below is the screenshot for ping test, this is worst how are we consumer going to enjoy our browsing experience. Also it will spike till 1xxx ms, 3xxx ms for no reason. All this ping test is done after setup the deco & no one is connected to the network except the laptop i am using to do ping test. I tried using other desktop pc with wireless card to connect also experience timeout issue. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP WITH A NEW FIRMWARE TPLINK, don't make your consumer to purchase trash product !!!

Options
2020-08-26 11:42:35

@Omg7788 

Hi, do you mean you've set up a PPPoE connection on the main Deco? Try to change the WAN DNS server on your main Deco to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then monitor again.

What if you connect the laptop to the 5G network, will that be stable? If it is the 2.4G wireless having this issue, what we assume is that the 2.4G wireless network is too crowded and you may use the 5G connection. Please confirm the link speed on your laptop when there are lots of timeouts, show us a screenshot, then disconnect the wireless connection on your laptop and manually connect again, confirm the wireless link speed again, show us the screenshot as well.

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-26 14:28:09

@TP-Link_Deco 

To save your time & my time, actually i am also a IT guy myself so i know what steps to be done when troubleshooting this networking stuff. I did all the suggestion you said ealier before i posted here. DECO is configure AS ROUTER WHICH  MEAN " PPPOE " is involved here plus DNS IS SET TO 8.8.8.8

RESULT VIA  TPLINK W832N USB DONGLE 2.4GHZ ( PING TO GATEWAY 192.168.68.1 )

RESULT VIA  TPLINK W832N USB DONGLE 2.4GHZ ( PING TO GOOGLE PUBLIC DNS 8.8.8.8 )

RESULT VIA  TPLINK W832N USB DONGLE 2.4GHZ ( SPEED LINK SHOWS 300Mbps )

RESULT VIA GENERIC 5Ghz USB WIRELESS DONGLE ( PING TO GATEWAY 192.168.68.1 )

RESULT VIA GENERIC 5Ghz USB WIRELESS DONGLE ( SPEED LINK SHOW 433.3Mbps which is already max for my dongle )

Please note that disconnect & reconnect to the DECO WIFI won't solve the timeout problem or the ping spike problem, reboot also done and after i reconnect to the WIFI still same issue. I tried set up only MAIN DECO but still problem is there. My OLD DLINK ROUTER DIR-842 doesn't give any issue at all until i swap to this DECO and all of the network devices suffer from ping spike & timeout.

Options
2020-08-26 21:06:34

i have these and not had any issues with wifi dropping off im having speed issues though 66mb download 10mb upload on my laptop wireless but my samsung galaxy s20 will only give me 15mb download and 10 upload on 5ghz wifi

for £120 i expected better results

Options
2020-08-27 04:13:58 - last edited 2020-08-27 04:15:11

@Chris34731 

I don't have any issue with the speed actually. I can easily hit max bandwidth for my ISP which is 100Mbps on my iphone or 5Ghz wifi device. The thing that bother me is the timeout & ping spike is too frequent which cause alot webpage stops to load while browsing or watching fb live will have intermitent disconnection. I think this is a hardware issue and i have tried to set it up at my neighbour house which is few block away from my house also experience the same thing.

Options
2020-08-27 07:37:12

@Omg7788 

Hello,

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2021-01-22 22:36:11
I'm having exactly the same issue! Did you manage to get it fixes somehow or the only way is to just switch to an Asus or Netgear router?
Options
2021-01-23 13:48:32

@shad0wmordod yes i manage to solve it. You will just need to disable the features in deco app. When you first connect on all the device this features is auto turn on you will just need to turn it off. I turn off for all of the device in my network and thing works like a charm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3817

Replies: 14

Related Articles