TP-Link AC1350 Archer C60 Bridge Mode - Speed and Wifi Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-30 01:10:53 - last edited 2020-08-31 07:38:31
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello all,

I need your support. Please see attached diagram for reference. 

Initially my Upstairs setup (Setup A), works very well. Please see the situation and refer to the drawing I attached below. I get very good 2.4ghz and 5ghz coverage in my home on the upstairs level. However downstairs I did not get signal despite putting the router in a good position.

Upstairs Setup (A)

- Rogers (Cannet) internet coming to Hitron CGN3 in bridge. From there the WAN connects to the Archer C60 (Router A). The IP address for this root router is 192.168.0.1. Both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wireless works very well and speeds achieved.

- To add coverage to my basement, I purchased a Powerline AV1200 - TL-PA8010P kit. I plugged Powerline (A) into a LAN port in Router (A).

- Wireless mode is default 802.11n only

- Channel Width and Channel are set to AUTO

Basement Setup (B)

- From there, I plugged in Powerline (B) into the power receptacle in the preferred location in the basement. At this point, I tested my laptop to this Powerline and get very good internet connectivity. 

- Powerline (B) going to LAN port on Archer C60 (Router B). My intent is to have both LAN and Wifi coming from this router to cover my basement. I followed the bridging instructions by making this router 192.168.0.2, disabling DHCP server, and WDS Bridging to MICHAEL (the 2.4ghz band). I followed the survey process, entered in the security password for the root router. and connected to it. I then set the SSID for this router and named the bands MICHAELBASEMENT and MICHAEL5G BASEMENT respectively (to different the wifi signal from upstairs and downstairs). 

- Wireless mode is default 802.11n only

- Channel Width and Channel are set to AUTO

Results Since adding Setup (B):

- all LAN connections work, both to router A and router B with ok speeds

- Wifi internet connectivity for MICHAEL5G works SOMETIMES, mostly stays connected but internet connectivity comes and goes (tested on wireless devices)

- Wifi internet connectivity for MICHAEL does not work at all

- Wifi internet connectivity for MICHAELBASEMENT WORKS upstairs and downstairs however the wifi speeds are POOR upstairs due to the distance (also being the 2.4ghz band)

I tried:

- Bridging router B to the 5ghz network from the root router called MICHAEL5G (Router A). However in doing so, none of the LAN ports work on Router A or Router B. Nor do the wifi signals possess internet connectivity (MICHAEL, MICHAEL5G, MICHAELBASEMENT, AND MICAHEL5GBASEMENT have no connectivity to internet). Therefore I WDS bridged back to the 2.4ghz wifi from the root router A (MICHAEL).

What should I do to get the 5ghz wireless signal to work (and be stable)?

File:
Network Setup.pngDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link AC1350 Archer C60 Bridge Mode - Speed and Wifi Issues-Solution
2020-08-31 07:38:15 - last edited 2020-08-31 07:38:31

@Geehansok 

Hello,

As per your diagram attached, there might be an issue with the setup.

The basement C60 is wired to the basement 8010P, am I right? If this is the case, you need to change the basement C60 to work as an AP but not bridging them up. Below is the guide to change the basement one to an AP:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/  (Case 2)

Hope this helps, good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC1350 Archer C60 Bridge Mode - Speed and Wifi Issues-Solution
2020-08-31 07:38:15 - last edited 2020-08-31 07:38:31

@Geehansok 

Hello,

As per your diagram attached, there might be an issue with the setup.

The basement C60 is wired to the basement 8010P, am I right? If this is the case, you need to change the basement C60 to work as an AP but not bridging them up. Below is the guide to change the basement one to an AP:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/  (Case 2)

Hope this helps, good day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6087

Replies: 1

Related Articles