WISP to cpe 210 to cpe 210 to router with load balancing?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-30 19:24:30
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3

Hi All

I have internet acces from a wireless ISP that is less than reliable, the have an antenna on my water tank then shoot a wirless link down to the house where it hooks into my router, the wireless ISP set this up.  I am gettin another connection on the tank from ATT and want to do somethign similar with two CPE 210 or 510. then run both of those connections into a TL-R600VPN and do load balancing.  My questions is how do I set up the 210 (or 510) since I won't have an IP address from the router until they reach the router?  do I put another router at the water tank, or do I move the TL-R600VPN to the water tank, and then shoot the signal down with the 210's?  Insight is appreciated.  I know just enough about networking to get my self in trouble.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:WISP to cpe 210 to cpe 210 to router with load balancing?
2020-09-02 03:51:27

Dear @mortimer99,

My questions is how do I set up the 210 (or 510) since I won't have an IP address from the router until they reach the router?  do I put another router at the water tank, or do I move the TL-R600VPN to the water tank, and then shoot the signal down with the 210's? 

It's not necessary to move the router to the water tank. To set up the Pharos CPE products, we only need a wired PC.

Please refer to the instruction below to log into the Pharos web management page for configuration.

How to login to the Pharos-Series’ web management page

After you log in, you can choose the menu QUICK SETUP to configure the Pharos CPE with proper operation modes.

How to Select Operation Mode of Pharos Series Products?

For your case, if you get a wired connection from ATT on the tank, you can configure the CPE installed on the tank as Access Point mode, and configure the 2nd CPE installed on the house as Client mode. 

How to Configure the Access Point Mode on the Pharos device?
How to Configure the Client Mode on the Pharos device?

Tips: you could configure both CPEs in the same location with the wired PC, after you finish the configurations, unplug and relocate them in the corresponding locations.

Due to the directional antennas, you may need to adjust the orientation of the Pharos CPE for better signal coverage

Hope the information above is helpful.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 652

Replies: 1