Deco E3 Split Banding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco E3 Split Banding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco E3 Split Banding
Deco E3 Split Banding
2020-09-05 14:37:27 - last edited 2020-09-07 06:21:42
Model: Deco E3  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Im a newbie here so forgive me for any terminogly in advance which may be incorrect!

I have just purchased the E3 Deco to have multiple connections wireless throughout my home,

I have a Virgin Media superhub 3 and i receive 517MBs down on their M500 Package currently,

I am wanting to have my computer hard wired direct to take advantage of this speed but i also have my lights and several camera's setup currently on a 2.4ghz spectrum ( this is all they support )

I have been led to believe this Deco E3 DOES NOT support split banding,

so for exmaple at the moment i have 

Wifiname 2.4ghz

Wifiname 5ghz

As SSID's on my network and this works perfectly,

Am i wrong that i cannot change this feature on my E3 or would i not be able to use a guest network at 2.4ghz instead to support this?

Any advice would be great please in advance!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco E3 Split Banding-Solution
2020-09-07 06:21:37 - last edited 2020-09-07 06:21:42

@RLutz 

Hello,

Deco can provide 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks, and the two Wi-Fi bands have the same SSID and password, it's currently unable to separate the two Wi-Fi networks via the name. 

However, you can turn off the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band on the Deco, or you can enable the guest network for 2.4GHz.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco E3 Split Banding-Solution
2020-09-07 06:21:37 - last edited 2020-09-07 06:21:42

@RLutz 

Hello,

Deco can provide 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks, and the two Wi-Fi bands have the same SSID and password, it's currently unable to separate the two Wi-Fi networks via the name. 

However, you can turn off the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band on the Deco, or you can enable the guest network for 2.4GHz.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 1

Related Articles