WD My Cloud Deco E3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WD My Cloud Deco E3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WD My Cloud Deco E3
WD My Cloud Deco E3
2021-04-12 18:04:32
Model: Deco E3  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Has anyone had any issues in connecting a WD My Cloud NAS Box to their Deco E3? I am connecting to port 2 on the main deco and it isn't seemingly getting an IP, so don't know how to fix this? Checked the port and cable, all connects fine on my laptop. The NAS box gets a link, but seems to just be untraceable, no sign of the MAC address on the list of connected devices. It is very confuddling!

Options
2 Reply
Re:WD My Cloud Deco E3
2021-04-13 03:00:00

@ChrisC84 

Hi, 

Could you please provide us a picture of your network topology?

As for the WD my cloud NAS, could they get internet service from the deco, but not able to be reached by other LAN devices, or no internet as well as not reachable?

But the laptop works great without any issue on the same Ethernet port, right?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:WD My Cloud Deco E3
2021-04-13 19:11:38

@TP-Link 

Thanks so much. I managed to sort it. Having pondered, I figured it must have been IP related.

The NAS Box had a static IP on a different network. I hard-wired to the box and switched it to dynamic and hey presto - the deco picked it up.

My stupid mistake, but glad I solved it.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Options