Deco E3 IPTV and non-IPTV devices support from second ethernet port at the same time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco E3 IPTV and non-IPTV devices support from second ethernet port at the same time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-10 12:01:33 - last edited 2020-09-25 11:27:49
Model: Deco E3  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.2.20200727 49069

Hi,

I bought Deco E3 and using at my home. I have Huawei HG255s fiber modem router (ISP provided) and supporting IPTV (Turkcell TV+). I want to use my deco router instead of ISP router (huawei). Deco, hopefully supporting PPoE and IPTV (VLAN) settings.

But I saw that if we enable VLAN for IPTV then the second ethernet port of main deco unit (E4R) will be assigned only for IPTV. But also I have wired devices and currently using second ethernet port for those devices (connected to a switch).

Is it possible use second port for IPTV and normal-wired-devices together. For now I think it is not possible. But, by a new firmware that supports both IPTV and non-IPTV devices, is it possible. Is there any idea of TPlink engineers to update firmware for supporting both IPTV and non-IPTV devices.

Thank you. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco E3 IPTV and non-IPTV devices support from second ethernet port at the same time-Solution
2020-09-25 11:26:53 - last edited 2020-09-25 11:27:49

@yusufkilinc 

Hello, thanks for requesting and suggesting.

Currently, the other LAN port on the main Deco will only be used for the IPTV when you enable the IPTV service on the Deco app. While you can still connect the switch to other satellite Deco nodes to share the internet.

Your suggestion has been noted and we will keep an eye on this kind of request then forward it to the developers for evaluation.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco E3 IPTV and non-IPTV devices support from second ethernet port at the same time
2020-09-10 12:12:24 - last edited 2020-09-10 12:14:06

@yusufkilinc 

By the way I am using main deco unit E4R in my internet box of my home and all other ethernet outputs are being delivered within this box. Therefore it is difficult to use slave deco M4W 's ethernet port for me to deliver wired ethernet ports.

Options
Re:Deco E3 IPTV and non-IPTV devices support from second ethernet port at the same time-Solution
2020-09-25 11:26:53 - last edited 2020-09-25 11:27:49

@yusufkilinc 

Hello, thanks for requesting and suggesting.

Currently, the other LAN port on the main Deco will only be used for the IPTV when you enable the IPTV service on the Deco app. While you can still connect the switch to other satellite Deco nodes to share the internet.

Your suggestion has been noted and we will keep an eye on this kind of request then forward it to the developers for evaluation.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco E3 IPTV and non-IPTV devices support from second ethernet port at the same time
2020-11-26 07:53:03

@TP-Link_Deco @yusufkilinc I was excited for having purchased two Deco M5s yesterday, but was disappointed by this issue with IPTV/VLAN. Unfortunately, having no wired ports left for LAN at the main deco makes this a non-starter for me, and probably most people using an IPTV service like Turkcell TV+. Other than this, it's an awesome product.  I will have to return these units now, but I'll watch for a firmware upgrade that might provide a solution, and I will happily repurchase.  

My current ISP (Turkcell Superonline) provides a Huwei HG253s, which seems to be able to route IPTV and other LAN traffic on the same physical port.  I have a single cable that goes from HG253s ---> TP-Link Archer C2600, which then connects to a TV+ and 2 other wired nodes. So I know it's doable, and I wish Deco allowed for the same. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1062

Replies: 3