IPtv configuration on Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-15 08:21:41 - last edited 2020-08-20 05:57:36

Dear,

I do have 2 deco M5 units, in a daisy chain configuration. Both units are connected by a LAN cable, in order to ensure ethernet can be used as a backhaul. 

I do have a TV located close to my slave unit and I have the IPtv receiver (set-top-box) connected with a LAN cable to the second port on the slave unit.

In order to get my TV signal right, I did activate the IPtv bridge mode. According to the TP-link support article, when IPTV is configured, the IPTV service only takes effect on the other Ethernet port of the main Deco. Other wired network clients or switches won’t have internet access when connected to this Ethernet port on the main Deco.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is the ethernet connection still being used a backhaul once I do activate the IPtv bridge mode?

2. Is there a way to activate IPtv on the slave unit?

My goal is to get the IPtv working well, while ensuring the ethernet connection between both my M5 devices is still being used as backhaul. 

ISP====Deco M5======Deco M5====IPTV

Thanks for any suggestions!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:IPtv configuration on Deco M5-Solution
2020-08-20 05:57:23 - last edited 2020-08-20 05:57:36

@RubenD 

Hello,

When IPTV is configured on the Deco app, the IPTV service only takes effect on the other Ethernet port of the main Deco, where you connect your IPTV device such as a set-top-box. Other wired network clients or switches won’t have internet access when connected to this Ethernet port on the main Deco. However, you can still connect them to the Ethernet ports of the slave Deco units to get internet access.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:IPtv configuration on Deco M5-Solution
2020-08-20 05:57:23 - last edited 2020-08-20 05:57:36

@RubenD 

Hello,

When IPTV is configured on the Deco app, the IPTV service only takes effect on the other Ethernet port of the main Deco, where you connect your IPTV device such as a set-top-box. Other wired network clients or switches won’t have internet access when connected to this Ethernet port on the main Deco. However, you can still connect them to the Ethernet ports of the slave Deco units to get internet access.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1448

Replies: 1

Related Articles