Wifi router keep restarting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-18 05:37:28 - last edited 2020-09-22 08:43:05
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20190403 rel.63869

Hi,

My router keeps getting rebooted almost each few hours? Can you please help me with it? 

File:
syslog-2020-09-18.logDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wifi router keep restarting-Solution
2020-09-22 08:42:50 - last edited 2020-09-22 08:43:05

@Kourosh 

Hello, thanks for the log file but sorry there is no much info in it as the C9 seems rebooted and cleared the previous log.

When the router restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? 

May I have your network layout, how is the C9 connected in your network?

Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the C9 WAN or PPPoE? 

How many devices are connected to C9, wired, and wirelessly? 

Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the C9 to restart? Is there a Smart Connect feature on the wireless settings page, what if trying to disable if there is?

Is it the original power adapter on the C9? Is the power stable in your house? How about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable?

Does this issue happen when you purchased it or happens recently?

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Wifi router keep restarting-Solution
2020-09-22 08:42:50 - last edited 2020-09-22 08:43:05

@Kourosh 

Hello, thanks for the log file but sorry there is no much info in it as the C9 seems rebooted and cleared the previous log.

When the router restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? 

May I have your network layout, how is the C9 connected in your network?

Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the C9 WAN or PPPoE? 

How many devices are connected to C9, wired, and wirelessly? 

Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the C9 to restart? Is there a Smart Connect feature on the wireless settings page, what if trying to disable if there is?

Is it the original power adapter on the C9? Is the power stable in your house? How about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable?

Does this issue happen when you purchased it or happens recently?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wifi router keep restarting
2020-09-28 14:51:20 - last edited 2020-09-28 14:51:41

@Kevin_Z 

1. When the router restarts, all the lights get on and then off and try to recover the internet.

2. The C9 is connected to a modem and acts as the main router which connects to two other repeater (both TP-Link repeaters).

3. my ISP is teksavvy in Canada. The modem is technicolor tc4350. Dynamic IP is setup on the network.

4. There is 1 wired and around 11 wireless connection including the repeaters.

5. There is no other settings or feature on the network or the router.

6. Yes it is the original power adapter. My power is stable. All the electric devices are stable.

7. This issue started to happen 1 months ago not when I purchased the product.

Options
2020-09-29 03:19:11

@Kourosh 

Hello, thanks very much for all the details.

When did you buy this router? Are the two repeaters connected to the C9 before or you use them recently? What if you disconnect the 2 repeaters from the network and check again if the C9 is stable?

If possible, try to reset the whole system and reconfigure them all from scratch and see if it helps.

Options
2020-09-29 12:45:03

I have done all the mentioned steps and the issue persisted.

Options
2020-09-29 14:59:55

@Kevin_Z 

Also, I bought the router less than a year ago

Options
2020-09-30 08:56:26

@Kourosh 

Hello,

If that is the case, you may need to contact the local tech support to check the warranty cause the device might be faulty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 663

Replies: 6

Related Articles