Archer A10 router re-starting randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-13 04:40:10
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 75473(5553)

Router is restarting randomly. (Till last one year working without any issue)

1. Changed to different power outlet

2. Power adapter is original

3. Router in a well ventilated area

4. Router reset to default factory settings and re- configured.

5. Auto reboot function is disabled

6. Have added TP-link re450 wifi extender.

Further, 

Main router TP-Link Archer A10 randomly reboots post adding of extender TP-Link RE450. Also to note, post removal also the rebooting continues.

L1 support engineer - Mr. Rahul kumar guided step by step  very meticulously during an hour long call in which all parameters/fields were reviewed and validated by Rahul. Further, as guided necessary configuration settings were updated/changed.

However, post connecting the extender post the configuration setting changes, the issue of random rebooting of the main router still not resolved.

Ticket number: TP-Link Support]-[TKID220209777]

Following for the last 3 months, no resolution.

Kindly facilitate resolution without further delay.

Thanks & Regards,

Girish

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer A10 router re-starting randomly
2022-03-14 07:16:38

Hello @Girish_s, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the TP-Link community.

As per your description, it seems you have done all basic troubleshooting as suggested by the local tech support, so I will suggest you contact them to be advised further.

Options
2022-03-14 12:38:06

Dear Kevin,

As detailed in my post L1 Technical support was also taken however still no resolution i.e issue not reslved

L1 support engineer - Mr. Rahul kumar guided step by step  very meticulously during an hour long call in which all parameters/fields were reviewed and validated by Rahul. Further, as guided necessary configuration settings were updated/changed.

However, post connecting the extender post the configuration setting changes, the issue of random rebooting of the main router still not resolved.

Unquote

Kindly review and advise

Thanks & Regards,

Girish

Options
2022-03-30 08:44:04 - last edited 2022-03-30 08:55:20

Hi @Kevin_Z 

My New Tp-Link WiFi router, exactly the same model and Firmware version as what @Girish_s mentioned in this issue, is having the same problem from the 2nd day of using it. And the reboot happens quite frequently, sometimes 3-4 times a day. It's getting annoying to the family that they lost WiFi connection when watching Netflix or playing online game. Since it's not a new or rare issue, and have been identified for quite a while, TP-Link should take it seriously and resolve the problem ASAP. 

Thanks, 

Xavier

Kevin_Z wrote

Hello @Girish_s, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the TP-Link community.

As per your description, it seems you have done all basic troubleshooting as suggested by the local tech support, so I will suggest you contact them to be advised further.

Options
2022-03-30 09:40:38

@Xavier.Mc 

Even though you are reporting the same issue with Girish_s, I would suggest going through the troubleshooting suggestions in the following thread, then report back to the support email if the issue persists with the request detail for follow-up:

What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

Options
2022-03-31 00:36:59

Hi @Kevin_Z ,

The problem still exists after following the troubleshooting procedure you suggested. And I can confirm it's not to do with the schedule reboot function. The router still rejects WiFi connection after disabling schedule reboot. And the worse thing is that it doesn't reboot itself sometimes, and is leaving me no choice but have to power off and on to recover the WiFi router.

Options
2022-03-31 03:40:21

@Xavier.Mc 

If that is the case, I would suggest reaching out to tech support to be advised further or request a replacement:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options