Smart Plugs Keep auto re-starting (multiples)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-18 03:15:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have like 5 Smart plugs from TP link, the mini versions.

All of them or most of them once in a while will restart like with the clicking sound. I didn't even press anything. I stuck it on my bar to the computer and then i realized it was quickly re-starting. That's why when I wake up my computer is turned off. I also noticed this on other devices such as my router and modem.

The restart is quick, about 1 minute or less and it's up and running again but just turning something off for 1 minute would cause problems like turning off the computer, internet, etc. I did not have problems until the recent firmware upgrades. I had them for a few months now.

What's with this?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart Plugs Keep auto re-starting (multiples)
2018-05-18 14:24:02
Do you mean after you update the latest FW and this issue starts to occur?Have you tried resetting them? you may try that.If the issue still exists after resetting, it's better to send email at support@tp-link.com with your product info.
Options
2018-05-18 14:30:50

flying snow wrote

Do you mean after you update the latest FW and this issue starts to occur?Have you tried resetting them? you may try that.If the issue still exists after resetting, it's better to send email at support@tp-link.com with your product info.
Yes after updating. I reset some of them but same thing Some times it happens very quickly but you can hear the clicking sound which means it was turned off and on again. I sent an email we will see what happens. If anybody knows how to fix please let us know. Thanks
Options
2018-05-19 00:44:24

flying snow wrote

Yes the latest FW it started to occur. It flicks some times goes orange then blue. Even for a split second, this causes my modem, computer, and other things to shut off. This actually damaged my laptop as it was updating without battery. It is like a sudden power outage. I did not even tell it to go off but it does it automatically. I have about 5ish smart plugs and at one point or another they do it. Except it's so fast it's hard to catch but it does shut power down for a split second.It happens once or twice per day but that's enough to damage computer hardware due to sudden power lost.
Options
2018-06-05 14:26:58
Have the same issue with smart plug hs-110 (hardware 2.0; firmware 1.5.2) unexpectedly restart. Anyone know how to fix this?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 733

Replies: 4