Incorrect password error when connecting other devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-04 13:49:43 - last edited 2021-01-13 06:52:50
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Anyone having the same issue? 

I just recently finished setting up my Deco M5 and was trying to connect other smartphones but I kep on getting incorrect password error. The password is definitely correct. I followed the instructions on TP thread to turn off 5gh, diaable fast roaming, restarting, to no avail. Any help? Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Incorrect password error when connecting other devices-Solution
2021-01-12 11:05:54 - last edited 2021-01-13 06:52:50

@TP-Link 

I finally found the problem with my network's "Incorrect password"

I have done the setup trough my phone so when I've entered the password I've pressed the space bar in the end by accident. So.. the password was correct all the time but that interval messed it up.. :D

Hope this would be of help to somebody with the same problem ;)) DOUBLE CHECK THE SPELLING OF YOUR PASSWORD!!!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Incorrect password error when connecting other devices
2021-01-10 12:08:18

@mommyshielalala i'm getting the same error. I have Deco M4, and I can''t join the network with the correct password. Every time it gives me error - Incorrect password..

Did you find any solution to this??

Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Options
2021-01-10 12:55:41
Try changing SSID to something simple like MyNetwork and password to something simple like 123456. If that works, perhaps there were special symbol(s) in original SSID/password that Deco doesn't like.
Options
2021-01-11 08:45:37

@nkl 

Yes, Alexandre is quite right.

And please feel free to update here if you find any special symbols that caused this issue.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Incorrect password error when connecting other devices-Solution
2021-01-12 11:05:54 - last edited 2021-01-13 06:52:50

@TP-Link 

I finally found the problem with my network's "Incorrect password"

I have done the setup trough my phone so when I've entered the password I've pressed the space bar in the end by accident. So.. the password was correct all the time but that interval messed it up.. :D

Hope this would be of help to somebody with the same problem ;)) DOUBLE CHECK THE SPELLING OF YOUR PASSWORD!!!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1024

Replies: 4

Related Articles