Connection problem, incorrect password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-15 09:07:52 - last edited 2021-12-02 11:09:26
Model: TL-WA860RE  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello

i purchased an extension fot my modem, but I cannot connect to it.

The 3 lights are on, but when I enter the passwords for my router, it tells me that the password is incorrect. So I can't connect to the extenssion.

Thank you for your help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connection problem, incorrect password-Solution
2021-12-02 10:56:05 - last edited 2021-12-02 11:09:26

Hello everyone, 
Thank you all for providing feedback here, we have an instruction that may help resolve  ' wireless devices unable to connect to Wi-Fi extender' concern , please check out thread here for details:
[Troubleshooting]  Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender Saying Incorrect Password

Feel free to comment in the above thread and let us know if that works for you. 
Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection problem, incorrect password
2020-06-16 08:27:08

@Florence-Hur 

Hello,

Please check and make sure you have the correct wireless password from your main router, you may forget the wireless connection on your phone and try to connect back again to confirm if the wireless password is correct or not.

If the router password is correct, please reset the WA860RE first: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button for 1 second until the LED turns off then on. If not, try to power off the main router, then power off the extender and power it back on and try again.

Please watch the setup video or follow the instruction to configure it.
Setup Videos
How to configure my Range Extender via Web GUI

Note:
Please use your home wifi password to configure the 860RE.
We suggest you customize the network name for the extender. You can see it in step 3.

May it help, and have a great day.

Options
Re:Connection problem, incorrect password-Solution
2021-12-02 10:56:05 - last edited 2021-12-02 11:09:26

Hello everyone, 
Thank you all for providing feedback here, we have an instruction that may help resolve  ' wireless devices unable to connect to Wi-Fi extender' concern , please check out thread here for details:
[Troubleshooting]  Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender Saying Incorrect Password

Feel free to comment in the above thread and let us know if that works for you. 
Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 21783

Replies: 2

Related Articles