Connectivity between devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-17 13:57:03 - last edited 2020-11-19 07:42:44
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.9 20200924 60170

Hello all!

I installed three Deco M5 units throughout my house and started migrating my devices to the new network. All seemed so work well (internet connectivity is fine), but I have some problems with the devices that need to communicate with each other.

• My printer is unavailable: searching with the app on my (cabled) PC doesn't reveal the printer.
  • Streaming to my Chromecast from a device (tried phone, Oculus Quest and cabled PC) doesnt work, the Chromecast device can't be found. Wifi devices that don't work are on the same Deco network.

Both the printer and the Chromecast work fine on the wifi network from my ISP router. I can ping other devices on the Deco network, so there is at least *some* activity.

I didn't configure any options like Parental Control, Anti-virus or Qos.

Is there some internal firewall blocking internal traffic? How can I solve this?

Thanks!

Jelle

btw: not sure about the hardware version. I can't find anything in the app and the sticker on the device has EU/3.0 behind the serial number. It's my best guess that it's HW v3.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connectivity between devices-Solution
2020-11-19 07:41:52 - last edited 2020-11-19 07:42:44

@Palagast 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. How are the 3 Deco units connected to each other, wireless or Ethernet connection?
  2. You could ping the printer, as well as Chrome-cast on the computer when they are all connected to the Deco, right?
  3. Could you please also turn off the fast roaming, beam-forming on the APP to see if that made any difference?

In case the issue still existed, we would like to follow up on your case by email, and please have a check of your email box later.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Connectivity between devices-Solution
2020-11-19 07:41:52 - last edited 2020-11-19 07:42:44

@Palagast 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. How are the 3 Deco units connected to each other, wireless or Ethernet connection?
  2. You could ping the printer, as well as Chrome-cast on the computer when they are all connected to the Deco, right?
  3. Could you please also turn off the fast roaming, beam-forming on the APP to see if that made any difference?

In case the issue still existed, we would like to follow up on your case by email, and please have a check of your email box later.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Connectivity between devices
2020-11-19 18:35:24

@TP-Link_Deco ,

Thanks for your quick reply! I've reconnected the printer and Chromecast to the Deco network again and, whaddayaknow, it just works..

No clue why it works now and it didn't last time, but I'm OK with accepting it just works :).

The only thing now is that I can't reach either device from my cabled PC anymore, but I suspect I'll have to dig in my router for that (unless this sounds familiar?).

Regards,

Jelle

Options
2020-11-20 01:25:06

@Palagast 

Hi

Are you still able to get internet service from the PC?

Have you tried to ping other devices on the same network from the PC to see if there is any isolation?

How to ping: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

By the way, ‘could not reach either service from PC’, do you mean not able to print, or streaming via Chrome-cast?

Would other mobile device work with the printer and Chrome-cast now?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-11-20 08:29:52

@TP-Link,

I've solved it by placing the Deco's in Access point mode. They were in Router mode (the default), which generated this extra network I didn't need. All works perfectly now!

Thanks for the follow-up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 733

Replies: 4

Related Articles