No turning of DOS protection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-19 19:33:13
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding my mac book and the icmp flood attack registration I get.

This is our TP link router: Archer C2300 v2.0

When I have a Teams video conference call with more than 8 persons on my mac book the TP Link Router sees it as a ICMP flood attack, and my Mac book is cut off of the internet. Now I would like to lower the DoS protection to see if that works. I found this article: https://www.tp-link.com/nl/support/faq/1533/ 

When i try to access Security (in the advanced mode) i don't get the option of turning on and off the DoS Protection (see also the screenshot below). This path doesn't exist in our interface: Advanced > Security > Settings.

We prefer not the rebooth the router since we have a lot of settings set up for the rest of our devices. Can anyone help me find the DoS Protection set up?

Thanks,
Carlijn

Options
4 Reply
Re:No turning of DOS protection?
2020-11-19 19:56:00
I have Archer AX6000 (HW: v1.0 ; FW: 1.1.1 Build 20200714 rel.18254) and I too have the same menu options, DoS enable/disable is missing, I feel like lot of firewall control options are missing especially for the advanced view.
Options
2020-11-19 21:14:17 - last edited 2020-11-19 23:01:25

Don't you have such options in Advanced->System tools->System parameters (at the bottom) :

These are a screenshots from the C2300 V2 emulator with FW v1.0.0:

You can browse those by yourself: C2300 V2 emulator

BTW, upgrade to the latest FW if you haven't - that may resolve the issue.

If you don't have these, that means the features have been removed and has to be escalated to the support.

For the time being you may try to disable SPI Firewall and see if that helps.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-11-20 03:11:09

@Carlijn 

Hello, I'm afraid the current workaround would be reset the C2300 to factory default and the DoS Protection will be disabled by default.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-20 03:17:47

@kj8450 

The AX6000 does have DoS protection, but it is within the Trend Micro Antivirus option of "Intrusion Prevention System". Similar to how the parental control websites that get blocked which is done by working with Trend Micro's database the same is for the IPS.

The QoS you referenced is for routers that do not have HomeCare, so they are not using Trend Micros IPS, but rather the IPS is on the router itself.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2204

Replies: 4

Related Articles