Ping fail upon router disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-25 21:12:31 - last edited 2020-11-26 07:10:28
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all, I have a virgin hub for Internet access then going into one of the deco M9. Then another deco ethernet backhaul into office and 3rd radio backhaul. The main deco is the dhcp. Thing is, pinging devices works fine obviously, but when I disconnect the virgin box, those pings then fail..as if the Decos need an Internet connection even though my pings are intra-home network. Is this right? Why do deco have to maintain Internet connection? Or is it a config setting?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ping fail upon router disconnect-Solution
2020-11-26 07:09:39 - last edited 2020-11-26 07:10:28

@RichieRich 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your patience.

We would like to check some details and ask for the senior engineers for more advice.

1. The Deco M9 Plus is on the wireless router mode, right
  2. Can I have some screen-shots of the ping test? And would you please also send me the IP settings on this device?
  3. Can you ping the gateway/LAN IP of the main deco on this device?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Ping fail upon router disconnect-Solution
2020-11-26 07:09:39 - last edited 2020-11-26 07:10:28

@RichieRich 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your patience.

We would like to check some details and ask for the senior engineers for more advice.

1. The Deco M9 Plus is on the wireless router mode, right
  2. Can I have some screen-shots of the ping test? And would you please also send me the IP settings on this device?
  3. Can you ping the gateway/LAN IP of the main deco on this device?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Ping fail upon router disconnect
2020-12-01 19:07:49

@TP-Link Hi there.

Yes Deco 1 (main) is in Router Mode

Setup, as shown in picture, is Virgin UK Cable Box feeding into Main Deco port 1 (yellow cable).
Main Deco Port 2 goes to netgear switch (black cable), of which one port is ethernet to garage office. That in turn goes to another netgear switch which feeds main PC and Deco #2. 

Picture 

next picture shows main pc ping success to Deco 1 as gateway, with virgin internet connected:

next picture shows main pc ping success to son's pc:

next picture shows main pc ping FAIL to son's pc when virgin disconnected (yellow cable in picture 1 removed from deco #1)

Any help appreciated!!

Ultimate solution:

Virgin as main provider, with tplink archer MR400 as mobile broadband failover. However, not failover for whole household, but failover for garage office.

regards, Richard

Options
Re:Ping fail upon router disconnect
2020-12-02 03:03:23

@RichieRich 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

We would like to forward your case to our senior engineers for further assistance.

Please have a look at your email box.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 3

Related Articles