Can't Find any 5Ghz WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't Find any 5Ghz WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can't Find any 5Ghz WiFi
Can't Find any 5Ghz WiFi
2020-11-30 11:47:49
Model: Archer T2U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I recently bought a wireless USB adapter to replace the previous one which was giving various disconnection problems that forced me to restart the PC. But now with this adapter I have another problem ... I can't find any 5Ghz network.

I installed the drivers from the following link for Windows 10: https://www.tp-link.com/it/support/download/archer-t2u/#Driver

I started the setup, installed the driver and restarted the pc: unable to connect to any 5Ghz network.

I opened the device manager and tried to update the driver: the program found a newer driver, installed it and restarted the pc: still no changes.

From there I tried to install the other Driver present on the site always for Windows 10, I did the exact same procedure, but still no result.

Even the driver on the supplied disk could not solve the problem

Changing the USB port was completely useless, and now I find myself not knowing what to do.

I use my phone's hotspot to connect to the internet, and it has always worked for every device. some would seem to have solved the problem by changing the country region in the advanced settings in the properties of the adapter, but there is not even a shadow of that setting in my screen

please i really really want to fix this

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't Find any 5Ghz WiFi
2020-12-03 09:08:19

@Caesar04_ 

Hello, 

May I know what is the current Windows 10 version, 1909, or 2004? You may verify it as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Were you unable to detect any 5ghz or just your own one?

How about the 2.4ghz network, does it work properly?

What is the model number of your home router? Try to change different 5ghz wireless channels, such as 36/40/44/48.

Try to update the following driver if none of the above helps:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202006/20200601/00015960-RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.38.0712.2019_Drv_3.00.0032.L.zip

I hope this helps.

Options
2020-12-04 10:31:50

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I have Windows 10 2004

I don't know if i can detect other 5GHz WiFi, but i don't think i can

I... don't have a real home router... for now... yes that's sad

My "home router" is a small portable box that works with a sim inserted inside, and no ... it works terrible, so I prefer to use my Hotspot

I don't think i can change the wireless channel for my hotspot

The 2,4GHz works ok. When i set on my hotspot setting the 2,4GHz band, i can detect it, but when i set 5GHz, it stop showing, and when i set 2,4GHz back, it reappear

I tried to install the driver you linked, but still nothing

I am 100% sure that the problem is not of my computer at the hardware level, because with another wireless usb adapter I am able to use the 5GHZ network, but I needed to replace it for various disconnection problems that forced me to restart the pc

Options
2020-12-04 11:29:04

@Caesar04_ 

I see. 

Is it possible to try to install this adapter on another computer to confirm if it can find any 5G network? It is also suggested to move the computer closer to the hotspot just in case the signal is not good enough to connect, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 938

Replies: 3

Related Articles