can't find any 5Ghz wifi (Archer T600U plus )

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer T600U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

i can't find any 5 Ghz  wifi. only 2Ghz working

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:can't find any 5Ghz wifi (Archer T600U plus )-Solution

@trilok 

Hi,

Note that USB Wi-Fi adapters from TP-Link that are made for use in Europe can't work with 5 GHz channels 149 or higher.

You can check whether that applies to your T600U Plus by looking at the small barcode sticker on the packaging. See if the model description contains an "EU".

If you have control over the device that broadcasts the 5 GHz network, then try to change the channel number to 36. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:can't find any 5Ghz wifi (Archer T600U plus )-Solution

@trilok 

Hi,

Note that USB Wi-Fi adapters from TP-Link that are made for use in Europe can't work with 5 GHz channels 149 or higher.

You can check whether that applies to your T600U Plus by looking at the small barcode sticker on the packaging. See if the model description contains an "EU".

If you have control over the device that broadcasts the 5 GHz network, then try to change the channel number to 36. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:can't find any 5Ghz wifi (Archer T600U plus )
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@trilok do you have any better solution ?

Options
Re:can't find any 5Ghz wifi (Archer T600U plus )
3 weeks ago

@trilok 

If your wireless network is using channels 149 and above and you can't change it, then I guess the best solution would be to exchange your Archer T600U Plus "EU" with another one that says "Model: Archer T600U Plus(US) ..." on the sticker of the retail box, but I don't know if you can get those where you live.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 123

Replies: 3

Related Articles