Omada VLAN No Internet, Omada VLAN Only over VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-01 00:24:07 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:30:01
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello Everybody, I have a strange problem i can't wrap my head around.

I just got a new TL-R605 and am trying migrate our VLANS onto the new router. My main problem is that every vlan as soon as it is configured automatically seems to have internet access which i really don't want. Additionally there seems to be Nat happening which i never told it to do anywhere.

Please help me to archive the following:

VLAN A: DHCP Yes No Internet Access

VLAN B: DHCP Yes NAT Internet Access

VLAN C: DHCP Yes Internet Access Only over VPN Connection

VLAN D: Access to VLAN A WITHOUT NAT, Access To the Internet WITH NAT

I read the whole manual but i can't figure it out. Sorry If my question is stupid but i really could use some help here. In the old router you had to set nat from and to individually for each vlan before it even had any kind of internet access and the vpn connection became an own routing target but in this system i seem to not get how it works at all.

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada VLAN No Internet, Omada VLAN Only over VPN
2020-12-01 10:18:08 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:30:01

Dear @Martin_Theobald,

Need to know more information.

I just got a new TL-R605 and am trying migrate our VLANS onto the new router. My main problem is that every vlan as soon as it is configured automatically seems to have internet access which i really don't want. Additionally there seems to be Nat happening which i never told it to do anywhere.

Do you use the TL-R605 to assign the DHCP IP address and provide Internet access for the end clients?

Could you please provide the whole network topology for checking? Is the TL-R605 configured with Omada Controller? 

What kind of VPN you configured on the TL-R605, IPSec LAN-to-LAN VPN?

In the old router you had to set nat from and to individually for each vlan before it even had any kind of internet access and the vpn connection became an own routing target but in this system i seem to not get how it works at all.

Do you mean the TP-Link old router? What's the model number? 

For the TL-R605 router, we have no option to disable NAT. I doubt your requirements may not be achieved with the TL-R605.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-01 11:16:02 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:30:01
Hi am sorry I have been a bit vague the old router was a Cisco we replaced most network components now with to link equipment because of the omada central management and the advertised capability of the router to be able to do OpenVPN. Topology is pretty simple router -> switch -> access point Everything is configured through the omada controller. We have a few vlans the router shall do DHCP in all of them (that works flawlessly) I am now trying to get one vlan online through an OpenVPN connection with nordvpn.
Options
2020-12-10 07:53:21 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:30:01
I guess you have managed switch, and you can create VLAN interface on R605, and bind the corresponding profile to the switch ports, then you will have VLAN A, B, C, D, four interfaces. In default, they will have internet and can access each other. You can set ACL to deny the communication as you want.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2545

Replies: 3

Related Articles