Archer C6 losing internet connection several times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-19 19:46:43
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

Hello All,

I recently purchased Archer C6 and several times a day the internet connection is failing.

The internet light goes orange each time it happens and it takes 1-5 minutes for the internet to coming back.

I connected a pc with a wired connection to the router and it doesn't work as well as my WIFI while the internet light is orange.

Can you help, please?

It's so annoying :/

Thank you,

Yarin

Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer C6 losing internet connection several times a day
2020-12-19 22:18:28
What type is your Internet (WAN) connection ? PPPoE , Direct ? Have you observed the router logs for anything that may give you a hint ?
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-12-20 09:05:20

@Ivaylo It's dynamic IP and I took a look at the logs and didn't see anything weird.

Options
2020-12-20 09:16:22 - last edited 2020-12-20 09:16:56

If you don't have any special configuration, would you try to hard reset (Method 1) the router and re-configure from scratch, then test if that will improve stability.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-12-20 11:08:30 - last edited 2020-12-20 11:12:57

@Ivaylo I Did factory reset as you said and I just lost the connection again, it didn't help.

Options
2020-12-20 16:23:44
OK, now lower the transmission power of both wireless bands to medium or low and test again.
Options
2020-12-21 10:07:46

@Ivaylo Does it makes sense to change wireless settings while the wired connection is not working when the internet drops?

Options
2020-12-21 11:11:22 - last edited 2020-12-21 11:36:42

It's part of the troubleshooting process - we've isolated FW upgrade issue, now that's the next step. Just give me the benefit of the doubt and do that, then test and see if any difference.

Options
2020-12-22 07:10:39

Thanks @Ivaylo for his valued suggestions as always.

@yaringo Ivaylo is an experienced TP-Linker, he helps lots of users on the community when they encounter an issue with their TP-Link devices. 

As per the issue you reported, it seems that the C6 router cannot maintain the WAN connection to your ISP modem, may I know who is your ISP? Are you able to get a stable connection when you connect a PC directly to the ISP modem? If you haven't tested this, give it a go first, ensure that connection is stable.

If the ISP modem is stable, then share with us the system log on the C6 when it connects to the internet fine and when it is not. Thanks a lot.

Options