How to add an Omada Gateway to the network with Controller v4.4.3 or above

How to add an Omada Gateway to the network with Controller v4.4.3 or above

51 Reply
Re:【FAQs Released】How to add an Omada Gateway to the network?
2021-07-13 01:21:03

@Fae This is frustrating me to no end.  I stuck my oc300  with ip 192.168.0.100 on a tp-link sdn 24 port stitch reset to factory, plugged the 7206 in set to factory, went to 0.100, tried to adopt it, it failed, unplugged it waited 10 seconds plugged it back in, failed again.   Factory reset on it, went to it's web interface gave it a username and password, tried to adopt, it failed, said bad password, put in the correct password, it still failed, but can no longer log in with the the username/password I set.   The access points adopt so easily and run so stably, it seems crazy this is so hard to get to work.

Options
2021-07-14 01:21:22

Dear @GeneMor,

GeneMor wrote

I am installing the TL-ER7206 for the load balance of two internet services: AT&T and Blue Stream. However, there is an ip conflict between the WAN: DHCP client setting IP and the Gateway of one modem. It seems both use the same IP. Any recommendation?

So the DHCP IP address of the ER7206 is the same as the WAN IP address received from one modem, right?

To resolve the IP conflict issue, you may change the IP address of either the DHCP IP setting or the gateway of the modem.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-14 01:48:39

Dear @sWampyOne,

sWampyOne wrote

This is frustrating me to no end.  I stuck my oc300  with ip 192.168.0.100 on a tp-link sdn 24 port stitch reset to factory, plugged the 7206 in set to factory, went to 0.100, tried to adopt it, it failed, unplugged it waited 10 seconds plugged it back in, failed again. Factory reset on it, went to it's web interface gave it a username and password, tried to adopt, it failed, said bad password, put in the correct password, it still failed, but can no longer log in with the the username/password I set.   The access points adopt so easily and run so stably, it seems crazy this is so hard to get to work.

Sorry to hear that you have some trouble with the adoption.

From your description, it seems that you are trying to adopt the ER7206 in the default 192.168.0.1/24 subnet. In that case, the adoption should not be difficult. Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

1. Please reset the ER7206 by pressing the reset hole for about 8 seconds until the SYS LED flashes quickly.
  2. Wait until the ER7206 is restarted, connect the ER7206 -> the 24 port switch -> OC300 & PC, log into OC300 on the PC.

3. On the Devices page, ensure the 24 port switch obtains an IP address (192.168.0.x), and the ER7206 shows IP 192.168.0.1.

4. Try to adopt the ER7206, if it says adoption failed, please reboot the ER7206 by unplugging the power cord and verify if it helps.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-14 16:27:40 - last edited 2021-07-14 16:28:10

@Fae When I do all that I still end up with a router that isn't adoopted, that I can't log into manually any more.  I may try it with just router, oc300, and laptop, and see what happens.

Originally I was trying to get it all going on 10.190.x.x, and no matter what I did the router kept iping itself to 192.168.0.1

Options
2021-07-15 01:23:15

Dear @sWampyOne,

sWampyOne wrote

Originally I was trying to get it all going on 10.190.x.x, and no matter what I did the router kept iping itself to 192.168.0.1

The Controller will issue the default 192.168.0.1/24 LAN setting to the Omada gateway after it's adopted.

The next firmware update on the hardware controller will allow editing the LAN before the gateway is adopted, which may make the adoption easier. At present, we need to go to Settings > Wired Networks > LAN > LAN to edit the LAN after the adoption.

Options
2021-07-15 04:35:36
I must be confused, somewhere, it's all on 192.168.0.xxx and still fails, if I try to edit network to the same thing in the controller after adoption it won't save because nothing changed, and I can't log back into the router/gateway, because it seems the username and password does get changed, but not to ANY on the controller/cloud.
Options
2021-07-15 05:47:36

Dear @sWampyOne,

sWampyOne wrote

I must be confused, somewhere, it's all on 192.168.0.xxx and still fails, if I try to edit network to the same thing in the controller after adoption it won't save because nothing changed, and I can't log back into the router/gateway, because it seems the username and password does get changed, but not to ANY on the controller/cloud.

Would a reboot of the gateway by unplugging the power cord resolve the adoption failure issue?

May I know the current firmware version of your controller and gateway?

Options
2021-07-16 03:42:40

@Fae 

Unplugging didn't help.   
There is something strange going on, I told firefox to save the password for the gateway, and everytime I log in,  using the saved password it says it's wrong, I type it in manually or paste it in manually, it lets me in, and asks me if I want to update the password, if I say yes it stores some 256 char string of random looking stuff.     I'm beginning to wonder if there is some strangeness that is causing the controller to set the wrong password in the gateway when adopting, so it can't fully adopt.

Controller Version:
Model:
OC300 1.0
Firmware Version:
1.1.0 Build 20210406 Rel.58776

Gateway 1.0.1 Build 20210113 Rel.35468

Options
2021-07-16 06:13:48 - last edited 2021-07-16 06:17:09

Dear @sWampyOne,

sWampyOne wrote

Unplugging didn't help.   
There is something strange going on, I told firefox to save the password for the gateway, and everytime I log in,  using the saved password it says it's wrong, I type it in manually or paste it in manually, it lets me in, and asks me if I want to update the password, if I say yes it stores some 256 char string of random looking stuff. I'm beginning to wonder if there is some strangeness that is causing the controller to set the wrong password in the gateway when adopting, so it can't fully adopt.

It's suggested to open the firefox in private mode.

Generally speaking, adopting the gateway in the same 192.168.0.x/24 IP subnet won't get into any trouble.

Have you tried to simplify the network topology and configuration to verify if the OC300 can successfully adopt the gateway?

I'd recommend you factory reset all Omada devices, simply connect the gateway to the switch then to the OC300 & one PC, so nothing else connected, gateway as the only DHCP server, verify if you can adopt the devices with the controller.

BTW, the username and password under Settings -> Site -> Device Account will be issued to the devices after they are adopted by the controller. The password is randomly generated by the controller and you can customize it from there.

Options
2021-07-16 06:17:20 - last edited 2021-07-16 12:24:35

@Fae 

There is a new Omada controller version out, 4.4.3. This is mentioned in the release notes;

"Allow to modify the LAN IP before adopting the Omada Gateway, simplifying configuration process."

Will give it a try over the weekend.

Options