Solid red light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Solid red light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Solid red light
Solid red light
2021-01-11 12:46:46 - last edited 2021-01-13 12:21:49
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just bought the deco X 20 mesh system. Trying to set it up to the NBN modem, I get all the way through the App set up and at the end the LED goes solid red. No idea what is going on! Please help

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Solid red light -Solution
2021-01-13 11:38:39 - last edited 2021-01-13 12:21:49

@TP-Link after lots of troubleshooting with IINET, we solved the problem. This may happen to others so it's important to inform, on the setup app there is a additional button below the internet setup that I had to press, within that you had lots of options for VLAN ID (which has to be set at 2) and VLAN priority which had to be set at 0. It also had to be PPPoE. 
It's all working now, accept for my wife's laptop for some strange reason can't even find the wifi. It also says weak security on my iPhone and the kids iPads.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Solid red light
2021-01-13 11:30:40

@Lucan 

Hi, thanks for your patience.

Did you choose the right  internet connection type, like PPPoE or Dynamic IP based on your NBN provider?

--if the internet connection Is right, please try to reboot the NBN modem to activate the connection to have a look?

By the way, who is your internet service provider?

Thanks and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Solid red light -Solution
2021-01-13 11:38:39 - last edited 2021-01-13 12:21:49

@TP-Link after lots of troubleshooting with IINET, we solved the problem. This may happen to others so it's important to inform, on the setup app there is a additional button below the internet setup that I had to press, within that you had lots of options for VLAN ID (which has to be set at 2) and VLAN priority which had to be set at 0. It also had to be PPPoE. 
It's all working now, accept for my wife's laptop for some strange reason can't even find the wifi. It also says weak security on my iPhone and the kids iPads.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1692

Replies: 2

Related Articles