Name not shown in past connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-16 14:00:02
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 4.2.8

In the "past connections" view, the MAC address is displayed as the name, although an alternative name is stored.
Is this intentional or an bug?

Kind Regards

Carsten

Options
3 Reply
Re:Name not shown in past connections
2021-01-18 11:11:28

@CarschtenZ 

I have all my known devices named for a while now and this appears to be working for me, however I did have this in place for a long time since SDN version 4.1.5

Could well be that newly added doesnt work / bug..

Options
2021-01-19 03:12:01

Dear @CarschtenZ,

Please ensure you have enabled Collect Clients' History Data under Controller setting page?

In addition, the alias you set on the Controller might be lost once the clients are disconnected, which may cause a problem described in this post. This has been reported to the developer team who will modify the alias function in the subsequent update.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-09 23:28:34 - last edited 2022-02-09 23:31:06

@Fae 

Hi,

Found this thread looking for this exact same problem.

More specifically :

- I'm using Omada Software Controler 5.0.30 under Windows (upgraded from 5.0.29 and 5.0.15)

- I have ER605 gateway, 2xEAP245 ans 1xEAP225

- I set a "name" for each client device, wired or wireless, in the controler

- In the "Insight" -> "Past Connections" menu, the Name column only shows mac adresses but only on wired devices (name is shown on wireless devices, and so their AP)

So it seems to be a different problem than the one in topic 231442, doesn't it ?

Thank you !

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 478

Replies: 3