Omada - Speed Test

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada - Speed Test

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada - Speed Test
Omada - Speed Test
2021-01-19 04:02:04 - last edited 2021-01-19 05:06:37
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

I've just successfully adopted my TL-R605 into my network. 

The first time I adopted it, I saw an option to perform a speed test (to get the Gateway/Network load). The speedtest never actually worked. It seems to try initiating a speedtest but the gagues just go all the way up and then restart. Eventually it seems to time out and says my latency is 1, download speed is 0 and upload speed is 92.0MB/s. That would be nice upload if that's what my actual speeds are, but they aren't. 

Is there a way to manually trigger a speedtest from the TL-R605 router so I can make sure this works?

As a side note, I have also configured periodic speedtests, but I assume this won't work as the initial speedtest didn't work.

Has anyone else with the TL-R605 noticed this or found a way to initiate a speedtest?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada - Speed Test
2021-01-19 08:20:13

@Backslashh 

Not much help but i have also never managed to get the speed test to work on the OC200/R605.

Options
2021-01-19 09:17:13

@Adoril 

Ah that's disappointing.

I thinks it's measuring the download speed correctly, but displaying it as upload. Well, that's what it seems like when I see completed test briefly 

Options
2021-01-21 04:11:57

Dear @Backslashh,

The speed test function will be modified in the subsequent update on Omada Controller. Similar discussion can be found here.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-03 15:56:39

@Backslashh 

With version 1.1.1 of ER605 speed test works as expected. In the dashboard you can configure the "ISP load" panel. There you'll find the "Test Speed" in the upper right corner.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3000

Replies: 4

Related Articles