WDS Not Working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WDS Not Working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WDS Not Working.
WDS Not Working.
2021-02-01 15:36:21 - last edited 2021-02-01 15:38:24
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.1

Hii People,

Im in a kind of weard situation now.

Following is my setup!

Broadbad Connection -> Pfsense Router -> TPlink Cpe210 AP Mode (House Top Mounted) -> WDS Capable Router / Repeater(Range Extender) -> Client Systems

My plan is to provide internet to the near by houses, this works absoloutely fine.

Recently I have setup a DWS connection to a far house which have good coneection outside but dead zero inside. Kept the WDS router in range and extend it inside of the house.

Tplink - > WDS(Repeater Device) -> Inside Mobile and Laptop systems. 

I have binded the MAC address with IP address, The problem started to happned when I added the WDS system. All the system that connects to the WDS device gets the same Static IP which I have assigned them with  the origniall MAC of the Device but the MAC apears in the DHCP Server is the WDS Device Mac but with first or last 2 bit randomized. 

I tried the same thing with 1 other DLINK Router configured in Wireless repeater mode and the same thing is happening for me, is this normal ? END device have excielnt Connection to the internet using this system. 

Can somone explain how can I get the enduser orignal MAC address get registered on the DHCP Server rather then the WDS routers assigned one ?

Also would like to learn / Understand that If one device at distance is connecting to TpLink VIA WDS then do we need to TURN ON WDS on TpLink CPE as well ?

Please have a look at the log when Im directly connecting  my mobile phone to the TPLINK CPE210 the orignal mac gets registered and then if i connect to the WDS router the MAc Shifts from the orignal one(00:0a:f5:67:XX:XX) to (aa:d3:a3:6a:xx:xx)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 309

Replies: 0

Related Articles