Incorrect pass word

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Incorrect pass word

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Incorrect pass word
Incorrect pass word
2021-02-03 23:01:43 - last edited 2021-02-04 01:31:31
Model: TL-WR841HP  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've created a password for the app once I click to connect it ask for another password which is not the one I created nor the one on the bar code on the bottom of the router. My question is what password and username besides Admin or my actual username and passwords am I supposed to use for the second time it ask me for the password once I'm ready to connect.  This app is telling me the password/username is incorrect when I'm log in to the app already once I go to the section where it ask to add the router it pops up I need to re login and is giving me this irritating error of wrong username/password when I put the login.  Ugh I'm using a combination of my username password I created and username and password form the bottom of the router no luck and also the username Admin wit the password I created and Admin using the password on the bottom of the router and all option no luck. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Incorrect pass word
2021-02-04 06:26:44 - last edited 2021-02-04 07:11:59

@1stclassag 

May I know your TP-Link account? If you have already changed the username and password, please ensure you typed them in correctly.

If possible, try with another phone and see how it goes. BTW, are you login to the WR841HP when connected to its wireless locally or from an outside network? Is the phone an iPhone or Android phone, what is the OS version?

If still cannot login, please show us the login failed error message, which may give us some clue.

You can also try to power off then on the router, as well as login out the TP-Link account on the phone then login again to confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 254

Replies: 1

Related Articles