TP-Link SNMP v2/v3 template has been shared on Zabbix website.

TP-Link SNMP v2/v3 template has been shared on Zabbix website.

12 Reply
Re:【Notification】TP-Link SNMP v2/v3 template has been shared on Zabbix website.
2023-10-23 11:46:47

@Fae - I came here looking for templates in general, as I'm new to Omada, and I'm definitely a little disappointed that there aren't any templates for the OC200. I had a software controller running on my NAS and thought the OC200 would be a good choice as it'd be one less point of failure; however, with the inability to actively monitor it along with it's slow performance, I'm honestly left wondering if it's really worth the $100... and there's no reason for me to spend more money on the OC300 when I have less than five Omada devices currently.

To add insult, looking at this thread it's painfully obvious that you're ignoring customer feedback and not even giving customers an update as to if this would ever happen. You, and TP-Link in general, have completely disregarded this for over two years. You said, "I will collect more feedback and forward this to the product team for further evaluation." and I'm curious if you actually did that or just said that because that's the de facto scripted response you're told to give. If you actually did this, why haven't you responded with the feedback you have collected? I mean, you've certainly had enough time to collect feedback... about 2 years and 8 months should be enough time to collect feedback.

If you need more time to collect feedback or give a stock response, please let me know.

Thanks,

AJ

Options
Re:【Notification】TP-Link SNMP v2/v3 template has been shared on Zabbix website.
2023-10-26 06:54:28

Hi @ajtatum 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ajtatum wrote

@Fae - I came here looking for templates in general, as I'm new to Omada, and I'm definitely a little disappointed that there aren't any templates for the OC200. I had a software controller running on my NAS and thought the OC200 would be a good choice as it'd be one less point of failure; however, with the inability to actively monitor it along with it's slow performance, I'm honestly left wondering if it's really worth the $100... and there's no reason for me to spend more money on the OC300 when I have less than five Omada devices currently.

To add insult, looking at this thread it's painfully obvious that you're ignoring customer feedback and not even giving customers an update as to if this would ever happen. You, and TP-Link in general, have completely disregarded this for over two years. You said, "I will collect more feedback and forward this to the product team for further evaluation." and I'm curious if you actually did that or just said that because that's the de facto scripted response you're told to give. If you actually did this, why haven't you responded with the feedback you have collected? I mean, you've certainly had enough time to collect feedback... about 2 years and 8 months should be enough time to collect feedback.

If you need more time to collect feedback or give a stock response, please let me know.

Thanks,

AJ

@FAE is not active to the replies from people. Active members are me and @Hank21. And it seems that you posted in the wrong section, too. I am not sure what you are asking. Are you looking for API for the Controller? I recall that we do have API for the Controller. SNMP, no. There is no SNMP for the controller yet.

And about your insult, I don't know what made FAE fail to reply. However, there is no ETA to the SNMP of the Omada Controller. We don't have a plan which means this did not pass the evaluation phase. So, bring this up in the feature request section instead of here.

Not every request will pass the evaluation. And not every request will be thought of as suitable for the device. We give reasons if we know the reason from the dev, if not, we simply let you know it does not pass. I think FAE did send it but this feature did not pass and she forgot to reply.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Related Articles