Omada IPv6 support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada IPv6 support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada IPv6 support
Omada IPv6 support
2021-02-13 18:31:17 - last edited 2021-02-26 10:03:15
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.2.4

Hello,

Last week I started with the evaluation of the Omada product line. And the first experiences are good. Getting a basic network up and running is pretty straight forward. What I'm missing however is any support for IPv6. Is it really true a new system this day is developed with no IPv6 support whatsoever ? I can't find where to configure an IPv6 address on an interface or enable router advertisements. Also nog IPv6 networks or ACL's seem possible. Are there plans to support IPv6 in the near future ? And if so, what timeframe is this expected to become available ?

And other service we expect or would really like to have is API access so we can roll out networks with automation. And monitor for automation like automatic onboarding or presence registration. All the data is available in the webinterface but that is hard to get at in an automated way. Is there a restful application interface to this ? If not are here plans to release an API in the near future ?

I'm testing with an OC200, three EAP225v3's a TL-R605 and a TL-SG2210MP.

Regards,

Mike.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Omada IPv6 support-Solution
2021-02-22 08:43:05 - last edited 2021-02-26 10:03:15

Dear @Mike_E,

A viewing API would already help a lot. One of the things we'd like to do is presence detection by seeing if someones mobile device is connected to the wifi. Could you point me to a description of the API ? 

Please find the attachment for the API and verify if it helps.

File:
Omada_SDN_Controller_V4.1.5 API Document.zipDownload
>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2021-09-20 10:24:54 - last edited 2021-09-23 03:57:40

After upgrade of oc200 to 4.4.4 I see that prefix delegation is supported when dynamic configuration with SLAAC/DHCP is selected. Yay ! It works !

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Omada IPv6 support
2021-02-19 07:58:09

Dear @Mike_E,

What I'm missing however is any support for IPv6. Is it really true a new system this day is developed with no IPv6 support whatsoever ? I can't find where to configure an IPv6 address on an interface or enable router advertisements. Also nog IPv6 networks or ACL's seem possible. Are there plans to support IPv6 in the near future ? And if so, what timeframe is this expected to become available ?

Sorry that the Omada gateway doesn't support IPv6 at present, the IPv6 is being developed and will be updated in the following software versions.

And other service we expect or would really like to have is API access so we can roll out networks with automation. And monitor for automation like automatic onboarding or presence registration. All the data is available in the webinterface but that is hard to get at in an automated way. Is there a restful application interface to this ? If not are here plans to release an API in the near future ?

Regard with API access, a similar topic was discussed HERE.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-02-19 12:40:08

@Fae Thanks for the response. The Omada system show much promise, that is also the reason we're looking in to it. I think the strong point of Omada at this moment is Wifi as can be imagined by the history of the system. The WiFi and layer two functionality are great and for a good price too. The layer 3 functionality is still a bit lacking and IPv6 is part of that. I also have some issues with IPv4 routing. For that I'll make a new thread. I understand that the routers are new to the platform the current functionality is a first version. Please do not take my posts as criticism but more as request for functionality that would make Omada fit my needs better.

A viewing API would already help a lot. One of the things we'd like to do is presence detection by seeing if someones mobile device is connected to the wifi. Could you point me to a description of the API ? 

It's very good te hear IPv6 is planned in the future. Is there a sort of roadmap of features that are under development or consideration ? That would help to keep me from asking about features that are already on the table.

Regards,

Mike

Options
2021-02-20 14:14:59
Upvote.. A roadmap would be an excellent thing!
Options
2021-02-22 08:43:05 - last edited 2021-02-26 10:03:15

Dear @Mike_E,

Please find the attachment for the API and verify if it helps.

File:
Omada_SDN_Controller_V4.1.5 API Document.zipDownload
Recommended Solution
Options
2021-05-01 19:05:21

@Fae The API part was secondary. I recently just got my R605 adopted into my controller, and discovered the lack of IPv6. Is this still really something that doesn't have support? No roadmap? I'm fairly happy with the AP devices, but I'm considering returning/abandoning the rest of the hardware more and more.

Options
2021-05-02 01:23:44

@YATechMonkey The latest controller that just came out a few days ago mentions ipv6 support and that a firmware update is coming for th switches.

Options
2021-05-10 14:49:04

@Mike_E And for the routers...

Options
2021-09-02 12:45:38
Yes, unfortunately it doesn't support DHCP6 prefix delegation that providers in the Netherlands use to assign prefixes (mostly a /48 or /56). Without that support I still can't use it.
Options
2021-09-20 10:24:54 - last edited 2021-09-23 03:57:40

After upgrade of oc200 to 4.4.4 I see that prefix delegation is supported when dynamic configuration with SLAAC/DHCP is selected. Yay ! It works !

Recommended Solution
Options