Forgetting a device and it's settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-28 23:03:33
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20200608

Currently I have this switch managed by the OC200, but I wanted to try accessing some of the features of the switch that aren't available in controller mode. 

The only way it appears I can do this is by forgetting the switch but it says that all configuration with respect to this device will be lost. 

I have setup specific ports for certain VLANs and Switch ACL's. 

Will I lose all these?

I have backups, if I re-adopt the switch and do a restore will it bring everything back?

Another question, can you access the CLI while the switch is in controller mode?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Forgetting a device and it's settings
2021-03-29 22:56:12

@Zick 

Hey

Some quick answers for you

I have setup specific ports for certain VLANs and Switch ACL's. 

Will I lose all these?

These will be set on the controller, as long as the controller isnt reset they should re-apply once re-adopted.

I have backups, if I re-adopt the switch and do a restore will it bring everything back?

You shouldnt need to do that.. same as previous if the controller is still configured its should just re-apply. Backup is always a good idea however!!

Another question, can you access the CLI while the switch is in controller mode?

Personally, never tried it but I beleive i read somewhere you can indeed.    Dont quote me on that however :)

Options
Re:Forgetting a device and it's settings
2021-03-31 23:23:20
Thank you!
Options