CPE 210 Client mode no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-02 01:18:37
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.2

Hello. I cannot get my desktop PC connected to internet on a public wifi with my CPE210 in client mode. I have followed many tutorials and setup guides but it never works.

I even tried to connect my desktop pc as a client with cpe210 to my home wifi but it always says no internet. Anyone with this issue?

PC --> ethernet cable -- > lan on poe adapter ---> poe ethernet --- > cpe210

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE 210 Client mode no internet
2022-01-12 12:24:07

@a.j  and everyone else who runs into this same problem...

I spent hours triying to configure a CPE210, first as repeater, then as bridge and finally as wireless client. No matter which of the functions I chose, I received a correct IP and everything seemed to be fine except there was no internet access.

Now, after several attemps, I found the reason. The WDS settings say "Auto" but It looks like that doesn't mean it is detecting wether WDS is already active on the other device, but  it is automaticaly switched on! After I changed that to "off" and rebooted the device, it worked as expected.

There is not a single word about this settings in the quick setup, so if you have the same problem give it a try and change it to "off". Especially if WDS is already active on your main router - it must only be active on one of your devices.

BR

KurtH

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 764

Replies: 1

Related Articles