Router connected to CPE 210 Client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-20 08:34:28
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've got a CPE 210 in Client mode connected to another one in AP mode and an ethernet cable between my root router and the AP LAN port. So the internet connection is ok. But when I connect a second router's internet port to my CPE 210 Client LAN port it doesn't work anymore. I can connect to the router and it doesn't say "no internet connection" so it looks fine, but if I try to browse to a page it's just not loading.

How do I get the router connected to the CPE 210 Client to provide a WIFI? Is my setup wrong or is it something else?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router connected to CPE 210 Client
2020-10-21 09:15:47 - last edited 2020-10-21 09:15:55

Dear @Huzell,

But when I connect a second router's internet port to my CPE 210 Client LAN port it doesn't work anymore. I can connect to the router and it doesn't say "no internet connection" so it looks fine, but if I try to browse to a page it's just not loading.

Try other applications and different clients. Do they all get no Internet access? 

To get an Internet connection, the clients need to obtain IP address, DNS server from the network, you may check the IP info as well.

For the case, you may connect a PC instead to the CPE Client via the same Ethernet cable, confirm whether the internet works on the PC.

Here is a troubleshooting guide for your reference. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1068/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-21 14:37:40

@Fae thansk for the reply. I've tried plugging the LAN cable from the Client to a PC instead of the second router but the internet is not working. 

The client is connected to the AP and the AP has internet connection so it must be something with fhe Client settings right? 

Options
2020-10-22 03:15:09 - last edited 2020-10-22 03:15:34

Dear @Huzell,

The client is connected to the AP and the AP has internet connection so it must be something with fhe Client settings right? 

Right. Please check whether the wireless signal bars are lit up steadily on the CPE Client.

If not, it's suggested to reconfigure the CPE Client, ensure you connect to the correct root AP with the correct password. After you finish the settings, please check the Radio status section on the STATUS page to verify if the Client is connected to the root AP properly.

How to Configure the Client Mode on the Pharos device, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/727/

How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2575/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1535

Replies: 3

Related Articles